Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: chelsea

chelsea

Hi, my names deb. I've suffered with anxiety and depression since I was 12 years of age. I'm now 55 and it seems to be happening more now. I suffer with health anxiety which I feed off, when I get a symptom I think it's serious. My worst symptoms are, sweating profusely, dry vomiting, shaking, fuzzy headed, and breathing problems. There are more but I would be here all day. I'm always extremely tired, Ii never feel refreshed and could sleep for England. I have been on many medications, citalapram, seroxat setraline to name a few. They always seem to take months to lift my mood and ofcourse they all have side affects. I'm now on clomipramine which don'tseem to be doing anything. II'm on a beta blocker as well, proplonolol 40mg which i take twice a day. They slow my heart rate but I'm still extremely anxious. My breathing is what I'm worried about now, i feel it's very difficult to take a full breath, this is happening daily. I'm worrying myself stupid that' its something bad. I have never really had the right support to cope with this problem.gp's just fob you off with pills or offer you cbt. It dosnt help me. I need support not just fobbing of. What can I do. I'm so exhausted now, it affects my work, I'm off sick again, it affects my family life, and I'm now shutting myself away from life. please if there is anyone out there to offer support and advice I would be so grateful. I live in kent, England.

Welcome

I would suggest going back to the GP and getting a referral to the community mental health team and getting properly assessed. You can see a psychiatrist and a psychologist and hopefully get some real help. The short CBT courses don't sound like they are enough or appropriate for your experience. If the GP says no, see a different one until one of them says yes. It might help if you can take someone with you to the appointments. That would be my advice.

Hi and welcome. I would certainly speak with your gp and emphasise just how big an impact this has on your life and fight for a referral to secondary service.
    ‘The moment you doubt whether you can fly, you cease for ever to be able to do it.'
    J. M. Barrie

Thank you so much, I've never been referred for anything, only cbt. It's so hard, I'm my own worst enemy, i hate Dr's I freak every time I go. My fear is that I will be sectioned, i feel it's close.

I had the same fear. But they usually only do that with someone if they won't voluntarily look for help and they are at a big risk. Mostly they are short of beds and will do everything else first not to section someone. A psychologist told me that after a time I had to go to accident and emergency once. I was sent home the same night even though I was telling them I was really not okay. So you are almost certainly safe from that.

You will more likely have to push a bit to get the help you need than find that they are pushing you!

so what if you are sectioned? It's highly unlikely that would happen but it just means you get 24 hr care and support so no bad thing. If you find it hard talking to the gp maybe put it in writing and either hand it over or send it in and then make your appointment to discuss the content.
    ‘The moment you doubt whether you can fly, you cease for ever to be able to do it.'
    J. M. Barrie

Quote Originally Posted by Stella180 View Post
    so what if you are sectioned? It's highly unlikely that would happen but it just means you get 24 hr care and support so no bad thing. If you find it hard talking to the gp maybe put it in writing and either hand it over or send it in and then make your appointment to discuss the content.
    I feel that go's do nothing, i have been so many times and just get fobbed off. I really need support, how to get a sec nurse to support you is very difficult.

Is it normal to have uh physical symptoms? Too much sleeping, numb, breathingproblems, loss of aappetite, not wanting to do anything. I have no interest in anything. My appearance, bathing etc.

All of those symptoms or familiar to sufferers of depression and anxiety and there are many more you can add too.
    J. M. Barrie

Thank you again. Just feel so alone with this, i jut won't support and advice. I've suffered on and of so long that i don't know what else to do.