Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: chelsea

Thankyou flo, I've read a few books on these subjects. The best book i have read is by Dr Claire Weeks, it's called "Self help with your nerves". It's an amazing insight into depression and anxiety. I use it as a crutch when I feel down. My biggest problem is that when I'm in this mindset I don'tfunction properly, as I said earlier this has been going on with me for 35 yers on and off. I'm wasting so much of my life, fretting and worrying. I just want to know why I keep getting this anxiety and depression. Never really had proper help, just pills and sent on my way.

Have you ever had counselling? Could you ask to be referred for some?

Stella's Quiz Week 2, 12, 16, 17, 14, 27, 40 Winner
    Shared winner Week 11

My British Heart Foundation #mymarathon sponsorship page: CLICK HERE

I have, but this is England it could be months before I get any. Like every there's always a wait.

Absolutely, so best to get on the list asap...

Stella's Quiz Week 2, 12, 16, 17, 14, 27, 40 Winner
    Shared winner Week 11

My British Heart Foundation #mymarathon sponsorship page: CLICK HERE

Quote Originally Posted by chelsea View Post
    Thankyou flo, I've read a few books on these subjects. The best book i have read is by Dr Claire Weeks, it's called "Self help with your nerves". It's an amazing insight into depression and anxiety. I use it as a crutch when I feel down. My biggest problem is that when I'm in this mindset I don'tfunction properly, as I said earlier this has been going on with me for 35 yers on and off. I'm wasting so much of my life, fretting and worrying. I just want to know why I keep getting this anxiety and depression. Never really had proper help, just pills and sent on my way.
    Yes, get on that list! You might have to wait a bit but you'll reap the benefit. It's horrible isn't it? But now you have us to talk to.

I agree with Suzi & Flo the sooner you are on the list the sooner you will be seen.
    70 and counting, less of the "Old" call me "Mike"

Hi and welcome

Quote Originally Posted by chelsea View Post
    I have, but this is England it could be months before I get any. Like every there's always a wait.
    Sweetie, the wait is going to be even longer if you don't get on that list or push for a date ....
    I believe if you wear enough pretty lipstick, sparkly jewellery and great shoes, no one will notice the size of your ass

I've been pushing for a date on and off for year's. It dosnt help your anxiety and depression waiting!

The best thing to do with bad mornings is get going with doing things that will eventually change your mood whether you want to or not. If you wait to feel good before starting something you probably won't. This is why having a routine can help.. because then when you feel bad you don't have to think about what to do, you just do it because that is what you always do and eventually the panic subsides a bit. I learnt that during my stay in a hospital recently. Lots of things were mandatory and I hated it, but I learnt how to change my own mood a bit by doing things.

Things that can help: Showering, drinking tea, eating breakfast, going outside to shop or walk for a least 30m if not longer, calling a friend to talk. Maybe others have good ideas for a morning routine too.

Are you currently on a waiting list then?

Waiting to be referred. Like most things in the uk it takes months, i think a councillor would be good for me, ive had cbt and didn't get much out of it. My anxiety seems to be getting worse as i get older, I'm 55 now. I'm having blood test next week to check my thyroid and a diabetes check, i think my gp is trying to reassure me. I have a health anxiety. Most of my depression stems from my anxiety.