Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Game_of_lows

Game_of_lows

Hi all I'm Ty 27 new on here and never been on a forum before so don't know what to expect. I suffer with anxiety and depression but don't talk to anybody about it as I'm embarrassed. Hoping to get some advice and support that I have never had before

Hi game of lows. I'm new too and have suffered with the same for years. I hate talking to other people invade of judgement and being deserted but it really does help. I find talking to strangers has helped me before which is why I want to give this ago

Hi Lottie

I see myself as a confident person but find it really hard to talk about my emotions so I usually keep it all to myself as I don't want to unload all my problem onto somebody else when they have their own problems to deal with.

I'm trying to control my depression or channel my energy (not sure if this is the correct phrase! lol )

I find going to the gyms helps me forgot, was even considering yoga as I started to listen to some relaxing music this morning

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2tO5t-JIvU

I try to avoid alcohol as this is a depressant, I work hard and long hours I never really relax and I always think i'm not good enough..... I want to earn more money, I want a big house, lift more weights in the gym etc etc. It seems no matter what I have i'm not satisfied but I get its all materialistic so i'm trying to slow down and aprreaciate things more as I am grateful.... I came from nothing.

Sorry to go on

Ty

Hi and welcome to DWD Game_of_lows. I've moved your posts into your own thread so you don't get missed by everyone and so Lottie gets to keep her own thread too
    Have you seen your Dr at all about how you are feeling?
    “You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf.”
    - Jon Kabat-Zinn

Hi there. You really shouldn't be embarrassed to talk about your difficulties. By opening up to those you trust you will feel a huge weight lifted and the possibility of better support. Don't suffer in silence.
    ".Sometimes, you have to take a leap of faith first. The trust part comes later.”

Stella is right you shouldn't be embarrassed. I know I'm a hypocrite because I very rarely follow my own advice. I went back to my docs the other day and asked to speak to someone. I know it takes a lot to be able to speak out but it helps.. .whether it helps everyone is another question.

Good that you're going to the gym my mate does that to help with his anxiety but be careful you don't over do it. Body dysmorphia can happen to anyone.

Thanks Stella

Lottie, I should probably see a doctor too but I'm always too busy or maybe I'm making excuses not to go.

Any recommendations to help with anxiety??

If the have a look around the forum you'll find a few tips for helping with anxiety for example square breathing, mindfulness, distraction or even exposure therapy or CBT.
    ".Sometimes, you have to take a leap of faith first. The trust part comes later.”

You really should go and see your Dr and tell them what you've told us. Write it as a bullet point list if need be....
    “You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf.”
    - Jon Kabat-Zinn

I would call them or go online to a web md or something. I'm rubbish at controlling my anxiety but I know breathing and exercise help me.