Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Newbie

Hi I'm Charlotte. I'm 25 and I've been having bouts of depression on and off for about 10 years. I'm here because I have no where else to go. I have a loving family who know my history but they just don't quite get it anymore. I'm at a dead end and feel very alone. I guess i just want someone to talk to who gets it

Hi and welcome to DWD. You've come to the right place to talk to people who won't judge you, but who all understand at least some of what you're going through..
    “You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf.”
    - Jon Kabat-Zinn

Thank you suzi. I just want to feel on track again

Are you still seeing your GP to tell them how you are feeling?
    - Jon Kabat-Zinn

Hi Charlotte ... I suffer too and so does my 18 year old daughter... I always try to be there for her

I am still seeing my gp Suzi, I'm on 50mg of sertraline and I'm on a waiting list to see a councillor again.
    My parents give me loads of support but they're both getting on a bit now and not the best health so i.feel bad talking to them

Quote Originally Posted by Lottie611 View Post
    I am still seeing my gp Suzi, I'm on 50mg of sertraline and I'm on a waiting list to see a councillor again.
    My parents give me loads of support but they're both getting on a bit now and not the best health so i.feel bad talking to them
    As a parent with rubbish physical health don't feel bad - they will know that there is something not quite right and will worry more than if you just tell them what it is...
    I'm glad you're still talking to your GP. How long have you been on the meds for? Do you feel they are helping?
    - Jon Kabat-Zinn

Hi Charlotte
    ".Sometimes, you have to take a leap of faith first. The trust part comes later.”

I've been on my meds on and off for 8 years. I'm in a dosage I'm happy with now so they do help to keep me steady. I just get rattled by things

That sounds like a long time to be on the same dosage. Have you had a meds review recently? Or spoken to your Dr about how you are feeling?
    - Jon Kabat-Zinn