Page 31 of 35 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: peruse with purple.

CooooooEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Waves madly at paual.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paula View Post
    Morning Purple

A popsicle stick makes a great bookmark. But eat the popsicle first. Don't make the same mistake I did.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to purplefan For This Useful Post:

Paula (11-09-17)

Yes a couple of times but i did get the impression that he wanted to be left alone. When i do see him, i always say hello. If i dont see him for a while i will put a wee card through the door. He has never precipitate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
    Have you thought about making contact with your neighbours? Go and introduce yourself etc?

A popsicle stick makes a great bookmark. But eat the popsicle first. Don't make the same mistake I did.

Did you notice my mistake? I posted on my thread the post for Mikes. OOPs. Going to finish my tank today, I HOPE. I have loads of little fiddly bits to put on like handles for hatches and need to drill out the flair holes. Anyway i hope to have it finished soon. I am very slow when it comes to building my kits i dont do it everyday. It is something i enjo doing a lot. Its like a 3D jigsaw. I am going up to the model shop for some paints and have a look to see if the new Trumpiter 1/300 USS Indianapolis is in yet. Beautiful ship.

I spotted your mistake, as they say "the person who never makes a mistake never makes anything"

I'd not thought of model making like doing a 3D jigsaw but when you think about it, it is.
    70 and counting, less of the "Old" call me "Mike"

Quote Originally Posted by OldMike View Post
    I spotted your mistake, as they say "the person who never makes a mistake never makes anything"

I'd not thought of model making like doing a 3D jigsaw but when you think about it, it is.
    It can be frustrating at times though when you pick up a little part with tweezers and it pings half way across the room and the carpet monster gets it.

I noticed lol.. I think your models are well made and it's good that you spend lots of time and care on them.
    “You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf.”
    - Jon Kabat-Zinn

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

purplefan (11-09-17)

My rocking chair. I am making CHloe a rocking chair from an old kitchen chair, so i dont have to throw it out. So far.... PArt one.

Sand and strip the old chair and paint it.

Step two.
    i measure and get the cushions for it .

Step three i am not at that bit yet but it is xhaping and sanding down the arms and rockers making sure they are ballanced. Have an old chair for that.

Looks good! A great idea to use an old chair!
    “You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf.”
    - Jon Kabat-Zinn

That is proper recycling. Plus, your helping the economy by buying soft furnishings and paint.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to purplefan For This Useful Post:

Suzi (11-09-17)

That's already looking amazing!
    I believe if you wear enough pretty lipstick, sparkly jewellery and great shoes, no one will notice the size of your ass