Page 3 of 70 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: peruse with purple.

DWD can be a lifeline at times and shows we are not alone.

Have fun walking Charlie.
    70 and counting, less of the "Old" call me "Mike"

Yum Yum..pie mash and gravy. Charlie will have loved his mince! You know, when I was in Scotland and Zoe and the family went away, I used to cross off the days until they came home! It was difficult saying goodbye to her when she left here a few weeks ago, so I know how you're feeling. But it won't be long now until they're home and I bet they have some lovely prezzies for you. Enjoy church this evening.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Flo For This Useful Post:

purplefan (06-08-17)

I dont think i realize flo, how much i do miss them and having to cope own my own is not good. I fell asleep and missed church AGAIN!! This is a huge test for me because when i lived alone in my flat in London i did not cope at all thank God it is only three weeks. When Chloe is making nosie and running everywhere i wish i could get some piece and quiet, but now she is not here i miss her noise.

P.S. Charlie lapped up the mince and was running with his nose in his dish all over the kitchen

We're not evolving were going backwards with caveman mentality and with new technology.

Guardian of the North and kipper holder Angie's Avatar
    But you are coping thats the thing, your routine may not be the same etc, but your up each day, you are eating, and doing things yourself. The thing is you cope fine when going on holiday yourself to wraxham etc its really the same thing just in reverse where your on holiday on your own and your son and maxine and the children are at home.
    Yes you havent felt well and you had a fall but you dealt with that yourself aswell. There are going to be times when you have to cope on your own like this and you are doing that.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Angie For This Useful Post:

OldMike (07-08-17),purplefan (07-08-17),Suzi (06-08-17)

Angie is right. You are coping so much better than you think you are! Yes you are struggling with routine - but that's easy to solve. Go to bed at a reasonable time and force yourself to get up in the morning. That will really help you and Charlie. Find something to do constructively in the morning and then something different in the afternoon.
    It's very unlike you to miss Church lovely. What about setting alarms?
    What about making those bags? Or what about buying a small bag for each of them and adding things in to make it their Adventures with Granddad bag? A water bottle, some tissues, a notebook, some colouring pencils, some cards etc Might be something you'd enjoy doing and what about planning a picnic or a treasure hunt around the house/garden for them? There are loads of things you could do!
    “You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf.”
    - Jon Kabat-Zinn

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

purplefan (07-08-17)

Thanks Angie. I think i needed to hear it from someone. Sometime my insecurity get the better of me. I like the comment about Holiday being reversed. Never thought of it like that. Many many thanks.

We're not evolving were going backwards with caveman mentality and with new technology.

That was such a brilliant post by Angie. It really helped me put things into perspective and although i miss the family, i dont feel so bad.
    I have to phone my G.P. Today because my ear is still hissing and it is now been a week and tomorrow i have my first C.B.T meeting. I hope it goes better than the last time. Got bogged down with how my ex wife was making me feel. Anyhow today is Monday and i am off down the cafe for a fry up and a cuppa. Ill be on later. Once again. Many thanks Angie. XX

Hope you manage to get through to your GP. Enjoy your fry up and a cuppa. I'm in for lunch today so I'll see what I can rustle up might have a turkey salad, I've some young spinach leaves growing so best go down the garden and cut a few.
    70 and counting, less of the "Old" call me "Mike"

Hope that you have a good fry up

I'm glad that it's helped to hear it from a different point of view.
    “You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf.”
    - Jon Kabat-Zinn

Guardian of the North and kipper holder Angie's Avatar
    If I have helped then am glad hun, I am sure that the CBT will go well for you and hope the gp helps with the hissing.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Angie For This Useful Post:

purplefan (08-08-17)