Page 23 of 38 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: peruse with purple.

Hope you are all well today? Ive not been too well this afternoon and i have been sleeping. Going to have a soak in the bath and watch England.

A popsicle stick makes a great bookmark. But eat the popsicle first. Don't make the same mistake I did.

Oh no, what's up lovely?
    “You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf.”
    - Jon Kabat-Zinn

Just feeling really down. Spent most of yesterday sleeping it off and woke up and still feeling down.

A popsicle stick makes a great bookmark. But eat the popsicle first. Don't make the same mistake I did.

Today we are at home to guiseley and me and Dave are going to be sitting in the posh seats today. We are booked into the supporters lounge for lunch and it is very nice indeed. Just thought id treat him as he has been struggling a bit. I was hoping to get him to lead the team out bit that is only available to children witch is a bit unfair in my opinion.

Sounds like a terrific day you've got planned purple. I'm glad Dave is coming with you, it'll do him a world of good. Having to alter your life after many years of drinking takes time and can be a difficult process...he's lucky he's got you! I think a day out will do YOU good as well. Different things and people to see. I hope the team do well. Savour the experience of having lunch in the 'box'. Sometimes purple things get on top of you regarding the past (well it does me!) you can tootle along quite happily for ages, then the old 'stinking thinking' bit looms up in front of you...old relationships, wives, the anger and the resentment that goes with them. Knowing you can't put something right because it's too late. I experience this from time to time. The two hardest words in the English language.."If Only".....there's nothing we can do about it now except 'Accept' with grace and forgiveness, then move on. What a lovely family you have..you're going to be one of the biggest influences in Chloe's and Ellie's lives, and there's so many things you can teach them and tell them. You're still quite young and you'll probably be around when they have their children.....Just For Today.....enjoy it!

That's a brilliant post from Flo, I completely agree with her!
    "No day but today!"
    Sorry you had a down day love, I think we all get them - whether it's due to depression or "just" the human condition... I had a blue day yesterday, but today I'm back up on better form - I hope the same can be said for you.
    Sounds like you and Dave are going to have a lovely day. I'm so glad he's got you.
    - Jon Kabat-Zinn

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

purplefan (02-09-17)

Had a really good day out. We won 4-1 now 2nd in the league. I think we are starting to find our feet a little and beginning to play like we should. Had a lovely meal of fish and chips in the supporters lounge. Batter lovely and golden and the cod was the size of my arm. SOn came along too as it was in the posh seats. We dont do it that often but it was a nice treat for Dave. Anyway im off to church tomorrow morning so i shall say night night.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to purplefan For This Useful Post:

Paula (02-09-17)

Morning. Up early as it is church day. YEA!!!!!

So glad you had a good time at the footy!
    Hope Church is just as good!
    - Jon Kabat-Zinn

Glad you had a great day at footie.

The fish and chips you had sounded glorious.

Hope all goes well at church.
    70 and counting, less of the "Old" call me "Mike"