Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Two Psychiatrist

Two Psychiatrist

Good morning here,i am new to this forum and hope writing here will release stress for me.There is one issue that bug me is that i am currently seeing two psychiatrist and i think i should make a choice and not seeing two as i do not have so much money.Please let me explain

First Psychiatrist,i have been visiting him for 7 years and he's treating me well and i sometimes enjoy seeing him.He is a professor at a mental health hospital,but the reason i do not want to visit him is because i believe seeing a more experience doctor will make my illness more worst because he is a doctor.

2nd psychiatrist,i just visited him last month and it was my first visit.Now although he is not as experienced or knowleable than the first doctor,but i chose him because i think he can helped me although i might be putting myself in risk.He is a private doctor

My question is which doctor would you guys actually trust if your in my shoes?

My diagnosis is MDD.Its been over 8 years.

Why do you think that seeing a doctor can make your illness worse?
    And what does MDD stand for?

MDD stands for major depressive disorder,its a short form.

Okay thanks
    Is it a feeling you have that the doctor will make you worse? Or something that they have said or done?

Hi RatherBlue

MDD, unipolar and clinical depression basically mean the same thing.

If seeing the first psychiatrist is helping you why change. If it isn't then perhaps a change would help.

I can't see how seeing a more experienced doctor will make things worse, lets face it some doctors are better than others.

Seeing both psychiatrists could cause confusion if they have different approaches to mental health, just go for the one which helps you most.
    70 and counting, less of the "Old" call me "Mike"

Why do you think seeing the first will make your illness worse?
    “You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf.”
    - Jon Kabat-Zinn

Quote Originally Posted by Amaya View Post
    Okay thanks
    Is it a feeling you have that the doctor will make you worse? Or something that they have said or done?
    i think its a feeling that taking the medicine doesn't really help mental health,but now i am feeling much better.Anyway,my main concern is using two psychiatrist...i prefer the 2nd one actually,even though he is lesser qualified but he is well balanced and lenien

Quote Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
    Why do you think seeing the first will make your illness worse?
    He is a professor at a mental hospital in asia,although he is very well respected but i think he will give me a stronger diagnosis to keep me visiting him.i hope its not my irrational thoughts...because i am still on all medication given.

I can't see how seeing two psychiatrists can be a benefit anyway. You should go with the one you feel more comfortable with.
    ".Sometimes, you have to take a leap of faith first. The trust part comes later.”

Why are you seeing two at the moment anyway?
    “You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf.”
    - Jon Kabat-Zinn