Page 3 of 83 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Life After Depression

Moderator of Awesomeness magie06's Avatar
    Hi all. Back home on secure ground. Lol. It was a wonderful day. Aran is so peaceful and quite, with a LOT of people on bicycles. There was a wedding on the island today too and it was much busier than usual. There are a lot of stone walls out there and very small tiny fields. We went on the road called the low road, and there weren't as many hills that way compared to the main road on the island.

People there are very friendly, and once you tried to speak Irish they are very grateful. They people who hired us the bicycles were keen to make sure we were able to manage on them before we set off. The person who gave me my bike asked if I wanted a helmet because I was so nervous starting off. It must be 10 years since I was last on a bike.

The ferry crossing was fast. We were only on the water for about 45 minutes both ways. It was comfortable and there was a lot of space for sitting down. There was a shop on board too for both soft drinks and alcoholic drinks if you wanted them. They also had a selection of crisps and snacks if you weren't feeling seasick. Lol.

We were booked in on the 5 o'clock ferry home but we were back at the Quay at about 3.30. We were put into a queue of standby people who were allowed on just before sailing. Because we were first in the queue we got onto the earlier 4 o'clock sailing. We seemed to miss all the traffic on the way home too, and we were home in Tuam at 7 o'clock. We all agreed it was a great but tiring day. And because the saddles on the bicycles were extra hard, we all agreed that we would need extra padding or cushions for the foreseeable future. Lol.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to magie06 For This Useful Post:

OldMike (06-08-17)

That sounds like an amazing day out! So awesome!
    “You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf.”
    - Jon Kabat-Zinn

Guardian of the North and kipper holder Angie's Avatar
    Sounds like you have had a great day hunni x

I admire you as you seem to have come a long way on your journey.... well done xx

6. The Following User Says Thank You to moonbeam For This Useful Post:

magie06 (06-08-17)

The biggest change I see in you is that you seem to be so much happier and more confident as a Mum to Ais. Are you in charge of your meds now?
    - Jon Kabat-Zinn

I can speak a bit of Irish you know Magie. I had to do announcements before the church meeting and we have an Irish language class that was held once a month. SO i had to say. Sorry about the spelling.
    Ta Un rang Galic urschool. unra donach egg la enya a hain, Witch means there is a Galec class at 1pm after meeting i think.

We're not evolving were going backwards with caveman mentality and with new technology.

Yes. I'm in charge since Christmas. I just do them on a Monday afternoon and it's no bother. Still just punch them out of the packets so don't ask what dose I'm on for anything cause I'm sure I don't know.

After our big day out yesterday, we had a christening to attend today. As usual the party was being held in a pub, so I didn't go back to it. All Irish celebrations seem to have to be in a pub now and I really don't like that. We came home and we've had lunch and I don't know what to do for the afternoon. I think I might do some sewing.

Great that you had a good time yesterday. Aran sounds fantastic! I know what you mean about saddles! Last time I rode a bike I couldn't walk properly for about 3 days!!

I'm so proud of you! It wasn't so long ago that you wouldn't have anything to do with your tablets. You really have come so far!
    - Jon Kabat-Zinn

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

magie06 (07-08-17)

Morning all. I slept for 12 hours last night. I came to my bedroom to do something, looked at the bed and said sod this, I'm going to lie down. That was at 8 o'clock. Woke this morning at 8 and got up at 10. Not bad! Who said I was tired?