Page 93 of 101 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495 ... LastLast

Thread: Life After Depression

Moderator of Awesomeness magie06's Avatar
    I'm okay. I promise. If I feel like my sleep is not settling down I'll mention it to my GP. I have to make an appointment today for next week, as I need a new prescription. Last night it wasn't great really. I fell asleep at about 11 and was awake at 3. It was after 4 before I got back to sleep and I woke again at 5 when Gerry was getting up. I've been awake since then.

Oh hunnipie, hope you get some pacing done today.
    “You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf.”
    - Jon Kabat-Zinn

Got your card Magie, beautiful

I also got a rather soggy card from my milkman Kyle (I've never seen him as he delivers the milk under the cover of darkness )
    70 and counting, less of the "Old" call me "Mike"

Hi all. I've been to weight watchers and lost 2 pounds. I met a friend for coffee and then I went to the day centre. I had 6 people doing crafts today. I got home at 1 and I had lunch. Tidied up the sitting room, the kitchen, put on a wash and put some clothes into the drier.

This afternoon should be easier. I've to change my day centre box to put the cards into it. I've to go soon to pick Aisling up and then give her something to eat. Other than that, I think I'm free. Well I could get some cards written and tidy up the craft room, I could get another storage box and finish the wardrobe in Aisling's room.

I think I might just forget all of that and do a jigsaw.

Is it just the sleep, lovely? Only you sound a bit flat

Well done on the loss
    I believe if you wear enough pretty lipstick, sparkly jewellery and great shoes, no one will notice the size of your ass

Yes. I'm tired and I'm not able to sleep properly. I will be okay. I made an appointment to see my GP next Thursday. I rang this afternoon while I was waiting for Aisling. I'm keep a note of my sleep patterns and I will show it to her next week.

I should be okay. I'm getting about 5 hours when I go to bed. Then I lie there for the rest of the night. I would turn my phone on but I don't want to wake Gerry.

Thank you for your card which arrived today! Thank you!
    It must be strange going into the day centre to teach, rather than as a client?
    Well done on the weight loss lovely, that's really great!
    I'm really glad that you've got an appointment to see your GP - you just aren't your normal bubbly self...
    - Jon Kabat-Zinn

It's still strange going into the day centre. The girls are all very friendly and it's actually easy to go into them. And the clients are mostly people that I knew when I was there as a client. There have been a few new faces but they have all taken well to the crafts and seem to have enjoyed making them. I have a little bit of shopping to do before next Wednesday but with the weather we are promised over the weekend I'm not sure when I will get to Galway. If I could depend on the postal system, I'd order them on-line but unfortunately with the extra post this time of the year, there isn't very many companies who can guarantee when you will get a package. Maybe I'll get there Monday.

I got my postman husband to post my cards on Monday so that was a very good service that you got them today. I wonder when my American cards will arrive.
    Just settling down now to watch the second Holby of this week. I hope I don't fall asleep tonight!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to magie06 For This Useful Post:

Suzi (07-12-17)

I didn't fall asleep yet. So chances are I'll sleep tonight. It's very cold this evening. The heat was on here all day, but it's gone very cold outside. I think I'll go to bed soon. I'm a celebrity will be over soon, and I can go up then.

I'm not surprised you're finding it odd with the day centre, but I'm glad you're doing it. I can't imagine anyone better to work with people who are vulnerable or patronised!
    Did you sleep well lovely?
    - Jon Kabat-Zinn