Page 83 of 83 FirstFirst ... 3373818283

Thread: Life After Depression

Moderator of Awesomeness magie06's Avatar
    Hi all, to be honest today wasn't my busiest day, but I only got to turn on my computer at 9 o'clock. I went to school this morning and we made a leaf that changes colour. I was finished at 10 and I collected my sister and we went for coffee. We met a friend of ours in the coffee shop and we sat chatting until almost 11. I had to go to the chemist to pick up my script and to our pound shop to see if they had cowboy hats for Aisling's show. They had them but not on the shelf, the girl had to get it from the stock room for me. From there we had to get my sisters phone fixed and then we went our separate ways. She was meeting her husband and I was ready to come home. I started a jigsaw yesterday, and that's what I spent my day doing. It was wonderful to have time to myself, although I did go to pick Aisling up at 2.30.

I stayed doing my puzzle for the afternoon and evening and of course had dinner and cleaned up. I got the puzzle finished and I'm very proud of myself because it's ages since I did a puzzle this size. (1,000 pieces). Gerry was surprised that I finished it so quick but I just stuck with it. Now I'm free to do some Christmas shopping tomorrow. We are going to Galway in the morning and I'll go to get my glasses fixed, we've to get Aisling a tartan shirt for her show, and some other stuff.

Did the kids enjoy the crafts?
    I believe if you wear enough pretty lipstick, sparkly jewellery and great shoes, no one will notice the size of your ass

Quote Originally Posted by Paula View Post
    Did the kids enjoy the crafts?
    Yes. It was easy for them and they were all allowed to use their own colours which makes it extra special. (Teacher has tubs of colours on each table to stop their own getting lost or mixed up, they are allowed their own on a Friday.)

Sounds like a lovely day yesterday! What's the craft for next week?
    “You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf.”
    - Jon Kabat-Zinn

Next week we are making a picture with day on one side and night on the other. We are going to have a circle of the world in the middle. Stars and a moon on the night side, and clouds and the sun on the day side. I got pom poms for the clouds and I got silver starts for the night side. Now I have to cut the black paper into 2 and do a prototype. I also found fake snow today so I bought that for a craft in December. They had it in Flying Tiger last year but they didn't get it in this year.

We were in Galway this morning and I got my things for the craft. I was looking for a Christmas jumper in Penny's this morning too, but they didn't have it in my size. Aisling was delighted because they had it in her size. I tried two Penny's stores and they didn't have them in either store, so I got just a normal Christmas jumper instead. Gerry did the grocery shopping in Tesco while we were looking around the other shops, and we were all ready at about the same time then and we went to visit Gerry's sister and dad. They we both in great form, Geraldine was feeling much better than she has been recently. She got botox injections into her head and neck to try to stop the shakes and stiffness that she has been suffering from since May. She just got those injections 2 weeks ago and was told they take about 2 weeks to work. She's so happy that she can eat and watch TV in comfort now.

Home now and my afternoon is going to be spent doing a prototype for Friday and for Wednesday too. On Wednesday we are going to spray paint some polystyrene balls with some gold and silver glitter paint and see how they come out. I've never tried them before so I have to try them before I go ahead with them on Wednesday. I'll also have to get some gold and silver ribbons to go with them. I've just thought of them now and I was near a haberdashery store this morning. Oh well they may have them up town. I'll check on Monday.

Wow! You’re so impressive
    I believe if you wear enough pretty lipstick, sparkly jewellery and great shoes, no one will notice the size of your ass

Wow Magie always so busy and you even managed to finish a 1000 piece puzzle on Friday too. I like the idea of a picture with day and night for your next craft class.
    70 and counting, less of the "Old" call me "Mike"