Page 81 of 84 FirstFirst ... 31717980818283 ... LastLast

Thread: Life After Depression

Moderator of Awesomeness magie06's Avatar
    Today was a fairly busy day. After the school run this morning, I cut out the leaves on the paper plates. Then I pierced a hole in the centre of all the plates and got my box ready for Friday. Then I changed the sheets, put on a wash and tidied up my bedroom. After that, I got my box ready for Wednesday. I had to bring down the sequins and get them all ready for the day centre. I've also put in all my polystyrene shapes, some ribbons, the pins that I got on Saturday and a couple of pairs of scissors. They don't have a scissors in the day centre.
    Then it was lunch time and I was very hungry. I had my usual though, some brown bread and fruit. I tidied up the kitchen and I put the next wash on, and put the other wash into the dryer. I went to pick Aisling and we had to get her fringe cut on the way home. Today is Monday so it's chicken roll day and we got home at 3.15. Aisling did her homework and I folded clothes from the dryer and put the other wash into it.
    My sister called when we were sitting down to dinner and she had a cup of coffee with us. I think now I have enough done for today. I'm already thinking of what I have to do tomorrow. I have homework to do for drawing on Wednesday that I have to get done tomorrow, and I have a doctors appointment at 10.45. I'm going to take it easy for the rest of today and do some knitting so that I get my mum's Christmas present ready. This day 6 weeks will be Christmas day.

Those letters must have been so hard to read. I'm so glad you got through it and have come through what must have been a horrific time of your life.

You've done so much today! I really, really hope you're resting now though!
    “You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf.”
    - Jon Kabat-Zinn

You were very busy yesterday Magie, I hope you are resting up today and doing a bit of knitting. A Christmas jumper for the hubby I think.

We're not evolving were going backwards with caveman mentality and with new technology.

Morning, lovely!
    I believe if you wear enough pretty lipstick, sparkly jewellery and great shoes, no one will notice the size of your ass

Hi all. Today hasn't been as busy as yesterday. I've only done a wash, dried it and folded it, it's waiting on the couch to be put away. I've also started on my homework for drawing for tomorrow. I've had a doctors appointment, everything is okay, just a reduction in my Lyrica, a check on blood pressure and weight, and a chat about getting very hot and not being able to control it. I also bought the cake frills for the Christmas cakes, the little pieces that go on top and the boards for under them. I also left my prescription into the chemist and bought a couple of magazines that I can read when I'm doing nothing.

This afternoon, I'm going to finish my drawing and put away the clothes, get dinner, do the dishes and go to a parents committee meeting at 8. I think that's all I have on. I hope I can concentrate on my drawing, because this morning my concentration was crap. I just had so much more going through my head that I just couldn't get my mind settled to do it.

How are you doing with the lyrica reduction? I'm struggling as my sciatica has got so much worse as have other pains too and as much as I hate it, I know that the pregabalin/lyrica is one of the best at dealing with it....
    I don't ever imagine you sitting down and just reading a magazine!
    Hope you've managed to settle - is there anything you want to talk about?
    - Jon Kabat-Zinn

I've changed my inspiration for my drawing for tomorrow. It was a single orange leaf on a background of just small pebbles, but the pebbles were driving me mad. There was just too many of them and they were all slightly different, but when I was doing them they were turning out all the same. This time I've picked a lake scene, with mountains in the background and a single tree in the foreground. It's easier but my concentration has wandered again and I have to finish it later. I've to get dinner first before I do any more of it. I'm using mixed media to do it and I'm not sure if I'm allowed to use different things. I guess I'll know when I produce it tomorrow.

I've nothing bothering me Suzi, just couldn't settle because this drawing is due tomorrow because our completed folder with all our work has to be handed up next Wednesday. I've put off doing this drawing for the longest time, and I hate it when I do that to myself. I'd normally have this done and dusted before now. Anyway, I'll get it done, if only I could stop whinging about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
    How are you doing with the lyrica reduction? I'm struggling as my sciatica has got so much worse as have other pains too and as much as I hate it, I know that the pregabalin/lyrica is one of the best at dealing with it....
    The lyrica is going fine. Down to 50 in the morning and 100 in the evening from next week. It's fine I'm not noticing it at all. My GP wasn't interested in reducing any quicker though, she said that slowly does it. No big changes to my mood or my pain levels since I started reducing.

Wow, you're doing brilliantly! That's really good.

I bet your picture is really wonderful.
    - Jon Kabat-Zinn

I have to agree with Suzi here. Your doing fantastic and as to the art. Keep it simple. Glad that you are still doing your art course.

We're not evolving were going backwards with caveman mentality and with new technology.