Page 3 of 56 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Flo's Fillosophy

May I offer a couple of potential solutions (having spent a lot of time over the years trying to resolve similar problems).

You can get a bed cradle (something like this https://www.amazon.co.uk/Z-Tec-Blank...rds=Bed+cradle) to keep the duvet of Ian's knees and hopefully reduce the tossing and turning trying to get comfy.

Si and I also only recently figured out that, if we each had our own individual single duvet, it reduces the 'disruption' of the duvet on, off, up, down, shake it all about scenarios
    I believe if you wear enough pretty lipstick, sparkly jewellery and great shoes, no one will notice the size of your ass

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

Angie (04-08-17),Suzi (04-08-17)

Quote Originally Posted by Paula View Post
    May I offer a couple of potential solutions (having spent a lot of time over the years trying to resolve similar problems).

You can get a bed cradle (something like this https://www.amazon.co.uk/Z-Tec-Blank...rds=Bed+cradle) to keep the duvet of Ian's knees and hopefully reduce the tossing and turning trying to get comfy.

Si and I also only recently figured out that, if we each had our own individual single duvet, it reduces the 'disruption' of the duvet on, off, up, down, shake it all about scenarios
    That's a wonderful idea Paula! Never thought of single duvets.I'll get onto that. I know I sound like an ungrateful moaner but I've never known life with Ian without his bad knee, and I'm so looking forward to him having a better quality of life when he's better. Thanks sweetheart.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
    If he keeps up with the tramadol it'll work better But also beware there are some horrible side effects with it - I won't take it and have it put on my notes that I'm never to be given it as it gives me the most vivid dreams where I'm trapped in that dream and can't wake up whilst I'm waking the rest of the house screaming...
    I'll bear everything you've said in mind suzi. What horrible things for you to experience!

Quote Originally Posted by Stella180 View Post
    I'm not so sure the title is as important as the content.
    You're absolutely right!.....I wanted the title to be lighthearted in contrast to everything else around me at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by OldMike View Post
    A pub lunch now that sounds good If he's doing his exercises you can't more than that of him, hopefully it'll increase his range of movement.
    That's exactly what we want Mike. He's trying extra hard now. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Flo View Post
    That's a wonderful idea Paula! Never thought of single duvets.I'll get onto that. I know I sound like an ungrateful moaner but I've never known life with Ian without his bad knee, and I'm so looking forward to him having a better quality of life when he's better. Thanks sweetheart.
    You've never been an ungrateful moaner. You're just trying to deal with what I know can be an extremely stressful situation for a partner to have to deal with
    I believe if you wear enough pretty lipstick, sparkly jewellery and great shoes, no one will notice the size of your ass

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

Flo (05-08-17),Suzi (05-08-17)

Completely agree - you have never ever come across as a moaner about anything actually.
    How was last night? What'cha up to today?
    “You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf.”
    - Jon Kabat-Zinn

Quote Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
    Completely agree - you have never ever come across as a moaner about anything actually.
    How was last night? What'cha up to today?
    Morning love...... apologies for not catching up last night. I took Ian to our little church a couple of miles away. He wanted to walk a little bit so we parked the car outside and walked round the grounds of it then went inside and took in all the beauty of it's medieval carved oak panels 'facing' the gallery. I'm fascinated by old churches. Came home and started knitting Jen's new cardi on size 10mm needles!...it's like knitting with clothes props!!

I love it when you get a pattern for huge hooks! It's awesome! I love old churches too. There's something amazing about them being so beautiful too..
    What's the plan for the day love? Hope you are both getting some rest and doing something lovely.
    “You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf.”
    - Jon Kabat-Zinn

Knitting is such a good way to focus the mind and i love doing arts and crafts at family fun night. Ian seems to be walking a bit better and it is best to walk a little each day.
    Hope the weather is nice flo, and your Sunday is going well.

We're not evolving were going backwards with caveman mentality and with new technology.