Page 203 of 239 FirstFirst ... 103153193201202203204205213 ... LastLast
Results 2,021 to 2,030 of 2387

Thread: Flo's Fillosophy

Thanks suzi....we're going in again in a few mins. they're going to X-ray it. Poor sausage....he never moans! It's a dear little hospital. Very cheery and modern and in the middle of some lovely gardens. It's got an air of tranquillity about it...an odd thing to say about a hospital I know but it's not foreboding like bigger ones. It looks like the petition against closure is working. It's been given a reprieve!

Quote Originally Posted by OldMike View Post
    Did Ian have a fall? I don't recall you mentioning it (must've missed it) hope it's nothing more serious than a sprain or bruise.
    Sorry I'm double posting...no Mike, he bashed it against one of the skips at the tip a couple of days ago. Thanks for asking.
    Last edited by Suzi; 12-07-18 at 02:01 PM. Reason: Merging posts.

Glad it's not closing! Hope all is well with it....
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

Flo Ian wasn't skip rummaging was he I passed a couple on one of my walks and he was looking in a skip I said "found anything interesting" he said "no", his wife said "he's always rummaging in skips", he said "yup I do and my wife doesn't like it, I always bring a backpack in case I find something of use", must be like his hobby
    71 and counting, less of the "Old" call me "Mike"
    ~~~ Please check out the latest QUIZ (Fun and Games > Quiz) I'm sure you'll find it fun. ~~~

Guardian of the North and kipper holder Angie's Avatar
    Hope there is no serious damage

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Angie For This Useful Post:

Flo (13-07-18)

Quote Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
    Glad it's not closing! Hope all is well with it....
    It's nice.

Flo Ian wasn't skip rummaging was he I passed a couple on one of my walks and he was looking in a skip I said "found anything interesting" he said "no", his wife said "he's always rummaging in skips", he said "yup I do and my wife doesn't like it, I always bring a backpack in case I find something of use", must be like his hobby
    Sounds like the guy you were talking to has seen one too many Antique Roadshows!.....he's had it X-ray'd and they're sending results to Exeter, then they'll phone to see what to do next. But actually in the past, Ian has found some lovely stuff in tips....Seth's dad used to manage one and put aside things he thought Ian might like.

I like to claim things to save them from the tip too - I have a beautiful coffee table which I rehomed! Marc isn't impressed when I do it! lol
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

I'm waiting for the day that I bid on a box of old rubbish and find a bit of Faberge jewellery worth half a million!.....do you remember the A. Roadshow episode where this woman did just that? You wouldn't believe the stuff we have in our bijou abode....i.e. a very large white wooden rabbit eating a carrot on top of an equally large torchere! - don't know how to spell it! I've just finished baking for the shop....I don't want to see another flapjack 'til next week! In my slob-out gear already..doors open creating a through draught....being lulled to sleep by the continuous droning of John MacEnroe's voice watching 2 blokes lurching over the tennis court that have about as much charisma as a rice pudding skin!...hope you're all having a good afternoon.

You must be eating the wrong rice pud I know peeps who long to devour that culinary delight of rice pud skin one of my lunch club ladies doesn't like CC rice pud only eats home made with a lovingly created rice pud skin.

I believe there's Ambrosia Epicurean Delight Charismatically Skinned Rice Pudding on sale at £99 a can you see Mike knows everything

I know what you want Flo to see Rafa without a shirt
    ~~~ Please check out the latest QUIZ (Fun and Games > Quiz) I'm sure you'll find it fun. ~~~

You must be eating the wrong rice pud I know peeps who long to devour that culinary delight of rice pud skin one of my lunch club ladies doesn't like CC rice pud only eats home made with a lovingly created rice pud skin.

I believe there's Ambrosia Epicurean Delight Charismatically Skinned Rice Pudding on sale at £99 a can you see Mike knows everything

I know what you want Flo to see Rafa without a shirt
    Actually Mike, when I make rice puds I like to have a nice brown skin on it...the kids fight over it..or used to! It's when it goes cold that it starts to look unattractive! And yes! you got it in one! I'm waiting for Rafa to take his shirt off!...but if this match goes on for much longer (Isner v Anderson) Rafa will be getting into his pyjamas!! BTW, where can I get a can of this new Epicurean rice pud? Your homemade brew?

Flo I'm sure I can rustle up a can of Epicurean pud, now where's that tin of Ambrosia all I need is to remove the old label and stick on a newly printed Epicurean label and there ya go jobs a good 'un