Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Flo's Fillosophy

Looking forward to reading and getting to know you being as I couldn't view your old thread at all

How are things today Flo?
    “You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf.”
    - Jon Kabat-Zinn

Quote Originally Posted by Amaya View Post
    Looking forward to reading and getting to know you being as I couldn't view your old thread at all
    Sorry about that!...it took me long enough to change it!...looking forward to getting to know you too!

I'm not so sure the title is as important as the content.
    ".Sometimes, you have to take a leap of faith first. The trust part comes later.”

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Stella180 For This Useful Post:

Flo (05-08-17)

Hi folks....got distracted earlier on, and I'm being a late starter! Yes, I'm ok suzi love. This is going to sound daft! I'm really missing Ian!! Hard to explain but he's been in the bed in the spare room next door now for about a month (he moved into spare bedroom a week before the op). He won't be back in our bed anytime soon as his knee means he's trying to get comfy, then he's thrashing about, duvet on...duvet off...ice-pack on..etc...etc. the poor devil is in a bit of pain so isn't in the mood for cuddles. I know there'll be a few of you that 'get' this but he's my patient more than he's my hubby. Since his minor setback he's been a bit sad. It's no picnic for him.....but it sure as hell ain't any picnic for me either!!...anyway...I'll stop my rattle chucking. I went into honiton early and bought some new wool to make jackets for twins..girl and boy...the lady that owns the shop, Sara, is a friend of the woman who has the knitting website 'allsquareknits'....garments made entirely from knitted squares...have a look! so I got the wool, and I have big needles so I'm 'orf'!!.....don't I talk some rubbish??!! I shall go and make yer man a coffee..see how he is...he'll either be drinking it or wearing it!! Speak soon..xxxx

Is he keeping up with the tramadol?
    I get it! I know what you mean, but as you also know it's not nice feeling that you're the patient...

I love Allsquareknits! Can't wait to see what you're making
    - Jon Kabat-Zinn

Yes, the tramadol seem to be helping. He's being very good with his exercises and is trying really hard. He's no trouble really. I just get frustrated for him. I'm taking him to see our friend who owns the pub not far away tomorrow. If the weather's good we can have a drink and lunch outside, he'll enjoy that.

If he keeps up with the tramadol it'll work better But also beware there are some horrible side effects with it - I won't take it and have it put on my notes that I'm never to be given it as it gives me the most vivid dreams where I'm trapped in that dream and can't wake up whilst I'm waking the rest of the house screaming...
    - Jon Kabat-Zinn

I get that you are missing him. I hope it will get sorted in a way that means you two can get back to normal

Quote Originally Posted by Flo View Post
    Yes, the tramadol seem to be helping. He's being very good with his exercises and is trying really hard. He's no trouble really. I just get frustrated for him. I'm taking him to see our friend who owns the pub not far away tomorrow. If the weather's good we can have a drink and lunch outside, he'll enjoy that.
    A pub lunch now that sounds good If he's doing his exercises you can't more than that of him, hopefully it'll increase his range of movement.
    70 and counting, less of the "Old" call me "Mike"