Page 33 of 56 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Thread: Flo's Fillosophy

Njoy your riding
    I believe if you wear enough pretty lipstick, sparkly jewellery and great shoes, no one will notice the size of your ass

Hope you've had fun riding!
    “You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf.”
    - Jon Kabat-Zinn

Crumbs!.....all was well horse riding!.....Martha took the lesson, but before she did she asked how tall I was and what sized horse I'd ridden before. So I told her 15.3hh...oh! she said. Well we went to see Cathy the nag in her stable, and she smiled. Cathy was 16.2hh!!....about 5ft 3in up to her withers! My heart just lurched! However I got on her from a mounting block, and Martha looked decidedly small! Another girl Alicia was on another horse to keep mine company and in the mood. I'm quite pleased with myself. She was very pleased and said that I'd obviously remembered a lot and she was quite impressed. So I shall say timidly that I'm better than I thought I was ! Well, today anyway. What next week will hold I don't know, so I shall take it a week at a time. Other than that, I've nothing to report. It's getting colder here! Have a nice evening all.xx

Woohoo! Well done lovely!
    - Jon Kabat-Zinn

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Flo (15-09-17)

Guardian of the North and kipper holder Angie's Avatar
    Awww thats brilliant, I used to love horse riding years and years ago

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Angie For This Useful Post:

Flo (15-09-17)

Morning all.....the sun is shining through the window and warming my legs on the settee. Hope you all had a peaceful night. Today I'm going to meet cousin Jackie at The Tuckers Arms in Dalwood. She's treating me. Hmmm, what shall I have? that's the burning question. My legs aren't aching like I thought they would after yesterday. Just a bit painful in the sensitive butt area!! Like when you ride a bike for a long time with a dodgy saddle. I shall let you know how I get on at the pub later on. Have a good day all.xx

I was wondering if you might be suffering after the riding!
    Have a lovely time with Jackie.
    I think this move has been so good for you. You are always out and about and meeting up with people and doing more things such as yoga, riding, the shop etc. I think it's awesome.
    - Jon Kabat-Zinn

Mmmm a pub lunch now yas talkin', I'll be having a pub lunch today too, I'll wish you well Flo and we'll compare our lunch menus on my return.
    70 and counting, less of the "Old" call me "Mike"

I'm sure Cathy the nag appreciates being referred to as a dodgy saddle
    I believe if you wear enough pretty lipstick, sparkly jewellery and great shoes, no one will notice the size of your ass

Quote Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
    I was wondering if you might be suffering after the riding!
    Have a lovely time with Jackie.

I think this move has been so good for you. You are always out and about and meeting up with people and doing more things such as yoga, riding, the shop etc. I think it's awesome.
    I'm not exactly suffering per se...just feeling the effect of muscles that haven't been used since the year dot!! Well when we moved here I vowed I'd make the effort to live life to the full. For how long though I don't know!!

Quote Originally Posted by OldMike View Post
    Mmmm a pub lunch now yas talkin', I'll be having a pub lunch today too, I'll wish you well Flo and we'll compare our lunch menus on my return.
    Well, I had Prawns 3 ways, with salad, bread and various dips!...Jackie had Anti pasti...various cured Italian meats, olives, roasted peppers with Mozarella crusty bread and lots of dips..it's the dips which are my downfall..you just HAVE to dip loads of bread into them....I mean, what's a woman supposed to do??

Quote Originally Posted by Paula View Post
    I'm sure Cathy the nag appreciates being referred to as a dodgy saddle
    Hee Hee!....she was a Skewbald cob cross Irish Draught or something hence the size ...I haven't spread my legs that far for years!!