Page 49 of 53 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 ... LastLast

Thread: Flo's Fillosophy

Re the lug 'ole....stopped washing out my left (poorly) ear because it was hurting...still some gunge but they want me to continue olive oiling it....the other one is ok but ditto for right ear too....I'm sick of feeling like a human oil slick!...so back again in a week or so...aaaggghhh!...why can't they just poke it out?....will start delving into my past soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Stella180 View Post
    Haha, William Palmer was the killer in question. He wad a Dr. who poisoned a few folk including his own children in the mid 19th century.
    bloody 'ell!..there was a lot of poisoning going on then with small amounts of arsenic over a long period. But his own kids?? I shall look him up!

Oh no! Sorry that it hasn't been sorted..
    “You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf.”
    - Jon Kabat-Zinn

Quote Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
    Oh no! Sorry that it hasn't been sorted..
    If it's not sorted next time I shall forget it!

Hopefully in another week you'll be properly ear-igated.

Anything planned for today Flo?
    70 and counting, less of the "Old" call me "Mike"

Morning....it's a bit grim here at the moment. Sunshine was forecast but don't know where it is cos it's not here! This morning we're going for a trip to Wiveliscombe..now..is that pronounced WivelIScombe or Wivelscum?? You have to be careful round here as they all laugh if you get it wrong!...it's a bit like Tomaytoes and Tomartoes. They have a nice rug shop there. I've google imaged the town and it isn't too bad. But we'll soon find out. Other than that, we now have a date of 26th of this month for completion of the house in Gairloch, so with any luck the cottage will be ours very soon. I'm keeping everything crossed. Anyway, have a good day all. I'll be back later to say hello.xxx

YAY for a completion date! That's amazing! I'm so pleased for you both! That's got to be a huge weight off your mind?
    We've got wind and horrible weather too.

Hope you find out how it's pronounced!
    “You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf.”
    - Jon Kabat-Zinn

Quote Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
    YAY for a completion date! That's amazing! I'm so pleased for you both! That's got to be a huge weight off your mind?
    We've got wind and horrible weather too.

Hope you find out how it's pronounced!
    Thanks suzi. Yes it is a weight off our minds...but we all know that in reality, the party ain't over til the fat lady sings!.....oh, and it's pronounced WivelIScum....or as the locals call it....Wivvy!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Flo For This Useful Post:

Suzi (14-10-17)

Morning......not only did we go to Wivvy, but we ended up at Dunster Castle! A beautiful place with wonderful parkland around it. Took our time and wandered around it, inside and out. They have an 'Oubliette' (think that's how you spell it) which is basically a pit dug quite deep in the ground with bars over the top where they used to sling offenders in and forget about them....maybe feeding them from time to time. I think the name comes from the French word Oublier meaning to forget....well, something like that anyway! Didn't go into the crypt, but might do another day. Dunster itself is a little medieval town almost untouched with regard to modernisation. We drove to Minehead after that, had a look around, then we came home.It's warmer today than it was yesterday. A bit unnatural really for this time of year. Don't know what to do today yet...better do a bit of clearing up I suppose. Have a lovely day all.....xxxx

I thought an Oubliette was some sort of fancy omelette made with 'oubs' (some exotic type of egg)

Sounds a brilliant day out Flo, you really get out and about these days, more power to your elbow as they say oop north.
    70 and counting, less of the "Old" call me "Mike"