Page 220 of 220 FirstFirst ... 120170210218219220
Results 2,191 to 2,200 of 2200

Thread: Flo's Fillosophy

Good to hear you’re on the mend, lovely
    Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry. James 1 v 19

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

Flo (Yesterday)

Thanks for all your posts maties.....did my shop stint. We were too busy for me to notice I had a cold. Had a huge Bookers delivery! All got done though! Well... now here's a thing. I went up to the stables and had a long chat to Alex (girl) about a horse, my age etc. loads of questions fired at her. She's going to be looking out for a nag for me! I've given her a price point, what I want it for etc., she's the expert. She buys and sells horses for people...as well as old trouts like me. You're the first to know about it. I've no doubt a lot of people will think I'm mad and have lost the plot, but if I don't do it now, I never will! Life is too short. It's a big responsibility and I can't take it lightly, but I think it will be good for me. I guess I'll get some flack from various people especially my cousin who's very opinionated but I'll have to put up with that! Oh, and she doesn't work there all the time - most of the time - guess what? She's a psychologist!! She does counselling a few days a week. Anyway, they want to help me with everything. They don't put up with nastiness in their yard. They all help each other and are a happy bunch. I've met 2 of the guys that have horses there. Lewis and Dan I think. They're really nice. They go on picnics with their horses that they want to take me on, and do other crazy things. If you look on Facebook and put in Oaktree Stables and Livery Nr. Taunton, you'll see loads of pics. Jenny wears glasses and owns the place with her farmer parents and Alex has blonde hair with purply bits in. Have a look and see what you think. Do I need a medal or do I need looking at??..at least I can be looked at by Alex!! Anyway, I've prepped all of the rolls and sarnies, and tomorrow is baking day for the shop. I'll be back later.xx

Having tried various searches on FB the best I came up with is this is it the place you're talking about Flo https://www.facebook.com/oaktreestableslivery/

I think it is fantastic you're thinking of getting a horse of your own, I know you'll take take care of your mare/stallion/gelding (not really sure how to classify horses) and give him/her a good life so go for it.

Sorry can't resist a horsey joke, but you must, no I can't.

A white horse walks in to a bar and the barman says "I've got a whisky named after you" the horse replies "what you've got a whisky called Dobbin"
    71 and counting, less of the "Old" call me "Mike"
    ~~~ Please check out the latest quiz (Fun and Games > Quiz) I'm sure you'll find it fun. ~~~

Guardian of the North and kipper holder Angie's Avatar
    I think it is a brilliant idea hunni

How exciting!
    Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry. James 1 v 19

We used to have horses I think it'll be great for you! More riding, more social stuff... Horses are great listeners too! Stuff what everyone else thinks - the most important thing is how you feel and what Ian thinks too..
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Angie (Today)

Quote Originally Posted by OldMike View Post
    Having tried various searches on FB the best I came up with is this is it the place you're talking about Flo https://www.facebook.com/oaktreestableslivery/

I think it is fantastic you're thinking of getting a horse of your own, I know you'll take take care of your mare/stallion/gelding (not really sure how to classify horses) and give him/her a good life so go for it.

Sorry can't resist a horsey joke, but you must, no I can't.

A white horse walks in to a bar and the barman says "I've got a whisky named after you" the horse replies "what you've got a whisky called Dobbin"
    Hee Hee!...I know that one Mike, but it has a different ending.........and the horse said "What...Eric?!" A Stallion has it's 'bits', a gelding has had it's 'bits' taken off, and a mare is of course a lady gee gee! Yes, Oaktree is the one. Thanks for the positive feedback!

Quote Originally Posted by Angie View Post
    I think it is a brilliant idea hunni
    I hope so love! xx

Quote Originally Posted by Paula View Post
    How exciting!
    Isn't it just!!....the proof of the pudding and all that!

Quote Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
    We used to have horses I think it'll be great for you! More riding, more social stuff... Horses are great listeners too! Stuff what everyone else thinks - the most important thing is how you feel and what Ian thinks too..
    Ooh! suzi, tell me more about your horses!....yes, they're a nice bunch at Oaktree. Very genuine I think. Yeh!...stuff everyone else eh?

Sorry I'm late again everyone....I've just finished baking for the shop...loads of cakes..it's baking day. Our nice young Carl the gardener has come to tidy up a bit more of the garden. He's so nice and has such a pleasant face. Ian has come back from shopping and I've just put the stuff away. I'm going to take the cakes up to the shop then come back and feed my face with something. I shall be back later.

Guardian of the North and kipper holder Angie's Avatar
    Sounds a busy day hunni how you feeling with the cold now ?

Hope you've got some r+r in! You're always so busy!
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.