Page 73 of 80 FirstFirst ... 23637172737475 ... LastLast

Thread: Setback *Triggers* *SU SH triggers*

And that radiates through you and your posts. You are EPIC
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Quote Originally Posted by JustEM View Post
    Oh, I never said it was easy!

But it IS always possible and I really do believe that.
    I completely agree!
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

JustEM
    Wow! EPIC is a big, bold word! Thank you!

Well being able to feel good enough to find these real positives every day is certainly made massively easier by me having such amazingly EPIC supportive people in my corner waving pom poms, offering advice, being kind and encouraging and sometimes just listening (or in this case, 'reading' ) my ramblings! Thank you all.

Had a nice day today. I'm noticing a real stillness in my mind. Last night, I was sitting so peacefully and for the first time in forever I felt that I simply wasn't thinking of ANYTHING! I am never able to do this. I listened to an all-night positive affirmations hypnosis tape and woke up in a good enough mood. I like the idea that even when I'm asleep, my subconscious mind is hearing the words like, 'I am happy', 'I am confident', 'I am motivated'. Positive brainwashing at its best.

Spent all morning experimenting with my latest relaxation kit! Haha! Christmas smellies, acupuncture foot mat, back mat and pillow, reflexology kit, face and head massager, electric neck massager and relaxation music playing in the background. My mother couldn't help but laugh at all this random stuff I've got. I joked with her (we have a very dry and sick sense of humour sometimes), saying 'well I kinda have had a bit of a breakdown here, mam! I want to feel happy'. Turns out, she actually loves the acupuncture foot mat and head massager. Who's laughing now, hey?

This morning, I felt the same 'still mind' feeling. It could well be increasing the meds. Still, it's quite a nice feeling so no complaints from me, haha!

Got all the washing and cleaning done which is always a plus and have spent a few hours this afternoon chatting on different forums and working on my CBT therapy 'homework' from yesterday. Helps knowing I'm not alone in struggles with mental health and it was positive for me to see how I responded to a negative thought by thinking positive ones instead which thus had a more productive and positive effect on my emotions and behaviour. So far so good with the CBT.

Will probably chill this evening and see if there's anything good on ye old NetFlix.

Have a good weekend everyone x

That hypnosis tape sounds awesome.
    You are EPIC I truly believe it!

What's your homework?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

How are things this evening? I've spent the last few hours knitting and I got the sum total of about 12 rows knit. I'm feeling a bit fed up with it to be honest but I'm no quitter and I will finish it before I move onto anything else.

JustEM
    Yeah, it's great! It starts by getting you into a place where you can drift off to sleep and wakes you up gradually morning time! If it works, I'm game to give it a go! I listen to someone called Thomas Hall and someone called Michael Seaney. They're both easy to find on YouTube! I will try another one tonight.

To write three goals, the steps I can make to achieve them and on a scale of 0-10 how close I am to being able to achieve the goal. She asked me to start reeeeeally slowly. This lady knows what's best for me already, haha!

I also have to record a situation, my unhelpful thoughts and consequent emotions, rating how much I believe the thought and how strongly I feel the emotion.

That sounds wonderful!

OOO What goals have you put?
    Record audibly or in writing? Maybe we can help?

JustEM
    In writing.

1. Get out every morning and go to Church (will help me get routine, fresh air and I always feel better for going to Church).

My steps to achieve this include -
    *Setting an alarm to prevent last minute rushing.
    *Going a few times initially and building up through the month.

2. Volunteer (slowly!) at the homeless hostel I worked at (one or two mornings or one full day a week but not in the kitchen!)
    Steps -
    *Get in touch with the hostel in a month once I've seen the psychiatrist again about my med change. By then, I will have had four CBT sessions, been on the increased dose for a month, seen the dietician and worked super mega hard at improving my mood!)
    *Start slow and gradually build up. Ask about helping in the clothes store/laundry sorting donations one morning and in the needle exchange another morning, otherwise offer to help with admin.

3. Get a part time job.
    Steps -
    *I actually have an interview next Thursday for a position that doesn't start until the middle of February. It's a short walking distance from my house, cleaning caravans (something I've not done before and no food work!), three set days every week (good for routine), short shifts and only 12 hours which is manageable and permitted whilst on ESA.
    *Be honest from the START this time about my health problems! Will make things waaaaay easier.
    *If unsuccessful, look at other similar positions.

Sounds pretty realistic I reckons!

It’s great you’ve got goals but 2 and 3 are about working. Would it perhaps be more rounded if only one of your goals is work related?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

They are more realistic than I was expecting from you lol....

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post: