Page 71 of 80 FirstFirst ... 21616970717273 ... LastLast

Thread: Setback *Triggers* *SU SH triggers*

Thinking of you, hunni
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

JustEM
    Magie,

I dread the scales because I'm terrified the number will go up! I've complied all week and tomorrow hope my mind will be at ease and see it's okay to take nutrition because I won't put on 20 stone in a week!

Yeah, I would rather just not weigh at all! We shouldn't be defined by a bloody number!

Thanks Paula. Thanks everyone! Much love xx

3. The Following User Says Thank You to JustEM For This Useful Post:

Flo (11-01-18)

Stupid question, but could they not tell you? Could they just say OK or not? Could you then believe that you've stayed the same and therefore it's OK? Would that work? Could it work?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

JustEM
    Not a stupid question at all!

That could happen certainly, but anorexia is all about control. It won't be happy knowing they know but it doesn't. Make sense? Shows it's a mental illness aye? With physical symptoms.

How are you today, lovely? X

That makes sense..
    I'm ok thanks lovely. Not as sore as yesterday which is good.

JustEM
    Glad you're not as sore today hun.

My appointment was very positive. The psychiatrist said he didn't want me dying on them and I thanked him for actually taking notice and caring. It meant a lot to be taken seriously. My weight went up slightly but not enough to ruin my day or anything haha. I'm having bloods done tomorrow and he said if they show concerns I will have to go back to hospital to get the levels up. Unlikely because I haven't had problems before and I'm taking the supplements which provide the nutrition I need. I'm not scared about hospital anymore either. It wouldn't mean a tube!

He said if my bloods are off and my weight starts to drop then it will look like I will go inpatient, but he wants to treat me at home in the community.

He gave me an official diagnosis of clinical depression and increased the sertraline to the maximum 200mg. He said if I don't feel better in a month we can look to augmenting it with another medication.

I felt so much relief once the appointment was over! Just came back from a stroll by the sea front with my mam which was nice.

How was your day? X

8. The Following User Says Thank You to JustEM For This Useful Post:

Suzi (10-01-18)

That's so awesomely positive! I'm so pleased! Well done love!
    Stroll by the sea? You lucky thing! Next time, take pics, get seashells and think of me! The seaside is my favourite...

JustEM
    Thank yoooou!

Aww, I absolutely will! Very blessed to live by the sea. I'm motivated to get out and appreciate it every day! (Apart from rainy ones obviously. That's more of a sit in the car and watch the waves crashing kind of day)

When I was little we spent most of our summer holidays on the beach come rain, wind, hail or sun!

I used to live across from the sea. A lovely sound to hear the waves every morning as your alarm clock. It was the 1st thing I missed when we moved. It was too quiet around here.