Page 70 of 80 FirstFirst ... 20606869707172 ... LastLast

Thread: Setback *Triggers* *SU SH triggers*

Quote Originally Posted by JustEM View Post
    Holistic massage sounds lovely, Paula. Do you still practice any of it now, even just on family and friends?

I've had Indian head massage before and it was awesome. Never tried the hopi ear candling though!
    No, I don’t practise. The thing with that sort of work is that it’s vital to keep a protective bubble around you so you don’t take on your client’s emotions and stress. When my mental health got worse, I wasn’t able to protect myself itms and it was just too difficult to do my job. Hopi ear candle is awesome! It really helps clear things out and is surprisingly relaxing
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

JustEM
    Aww thanks Suzi, that's sweet of you to say! Helping others keeps me motivated.

Mood isn't bad, but it's empty. Feel detached, like I simply exist but am not present. It's a weird sense of emptiness and nothingness, like being on the sidelines. Like I don't know who I am. I get this a lot, but the mood isn't depressed today so no complaints haha!

Had a lovely morning so far with pampering, massage, hot shower, stretches and mindful colouring with hypnosis and relaxation music in the background. Spot of fresh air now before painting commences haha!

I'm still doing what I need to do nutrition wise. It's part of getting well right? I comply without supervision which is great. I feel so much better that the horrid OT isn't involved either. I still get difficult thoughts but I know the drill and im coping well.

Have a nice day! Any plans ? Xx

You are doing amazingly. It's hugely impressive that you are able to comply without being supervised. That's awesome!
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

JustEM
    Well that makes total sense to me, Paula. You made the right choice.

I will have to give the hopi ear candling a go sometime!!

JustEM
    Thanks Suzi,

Yeah, not the person I was before hospital admission hey? Really anxious about tomorrow because I will be getting weighed. Once it's over I will feel much better and relieved.

I painted the pot! Now I just need to fill it will lots of nice quotes. I also went for a nice walk in the freezing cold haha. I'm trying so hard but I'm not feeling any pleasure.

I feel detached. I don't feel anything. Just numb. It's so weird.

Seeing the psych tomorrow about my meds so hopefully something good will work out with that too.

When are you being weighed? Drop in here if you need it.
    Well done love for pushing yourself. Do you live near the sea?
    We're here for you love x

JustEM
    Tomorrow afternoon. My hope is that improved physical health will improve my mental health and ultimately my MOOD. But my fear is that I will gain weight but still feel like rubbish.

Weighing tomorrow afternoon.

Thanks hun, here for you too x

Let us know how you get on lovely. We'll be with you in spirit.

JustEM
    Thank you x

Good luck for tomorrow. You dread the scales in case you've lost anything and I dread the scales in case I've put up anything. I wish they would do away with scales altogether.