Page 69 of 80 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179 ... LastLast

Thread: Setback *Triggers* *SU SH triggers*

JustEM
    Hahaha, thanks Paula! I'm actually a bit crap at drawing! It's why I'm so good with acryllic paints.... Because I can paint over and over it no problem! Haha!

Bet you gave the best foot massage though, right?

I'd still love to learn more about massage. I'm really into all of that.

Have a good night xx

I bet you are better than you think at the art. I know when I started my last class, I was crap at drawing. In the end I was able to draw a pair of sneakers and a half decent landscape.

Wow that scene sounds amazingly beautiful!
    Hunni, you are very, very far from being lame or a loser! I think you're amazing.
    Silent Witness - Forensic Pathology! I'd love to have done something like that!
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

JustEM
    Thanks Magie,

Well I'm pretty good with a paint brush but have broken the only three sewing machines I've ever used and have knitted a couple of dodgy scarves haha! But learning new craft skills is always nice. Well done for giving the drawing a go!

How are you doing Magie? X

JustEM
    Thanks Suzi,

I'm going to make one for someone in my family who's going into a really bad depression just now. I don't know him that well but he was a nurse at the hospital I was at and he would visit me every day. He even brought me a huge framed positive quote poster. He's my sister in law's brother. I was thinking of creating the sunset and sea scene with a pebble person jumping in the air, and I thought of painting one of my leftover pots with bright colours and filling it with loads of different positive quotes and poems. Knowing I will be doing something for someone else will be good motivation to crack on and get arty! So that's tomorrows plan!

My mam didn't fancy Vera tonight so I'm tuning into silent witness! I love these kind of shows, wouldn't fancy it as a job though haha!

Yeah, I know it's just negative thoughts and what we 'do' doesn't totally define how good a person we are. Positive as ever!

Reflexology is actually more closely connected to acupuncture than to massage - a therapist works on the points on the feet, lower leg, ears or face that correspond with different areas of the body to try to help the body heal itself naturally.

I did, However, qualify as a Holistic Therapist doing massage, Indian head massage and Hopi ear candling along with reflexology.. reflexology was my love though
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Hi Em, I'm doing okay to be honest. Plodding along and taking it day by day. Some days are easier than others and some days I'd love nothing more than to stay in bed and not have to deal with anything or anyone. But thankfully those days are generally outnumbered by the good days. This time of the year in the past has been a trigger for me, Christmas over and nothing to look forward to, dark mornings and dark evenings, Easter a long way off, but over the last few years, I've talked myself out of that. I've looked on the positive and tried to get out once in the day. I find the lack of vitamin D really sets off my depression, so I walk in the morning when the best chance of getting some sun normally happens.

You are a really kind person. Good luck with filling your pot today with those positive thoughts. If you are stuck there is a website called Pinterest that has sections on mindfulness and positive affirmations that might be of some help to you.

I think it's wonderful that you are doing those things for someone else. But as long as I've known you, you've always been about what you can do to help others - raising money for charity etc... You really are a wonderful and kind person.

So... how's your mood today? How's the shakes babe?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

JustEM
    Holistic massage sounds lovely, Paula. Do you still practice any of it now, even just on family and friends?

I just bought myself a treat with some Christmas money. An acupuncture mat for the feet with hand, face and feet massage tools and diagrams of all the different points, as well as an acupuncture body mat and pillow!

I've had Indian head massage before and it was awesome. Never tried the hopi ear candling though!

JustEM
    Morning Magie!

I'm glad to hear the good days outnumber the bad and that you're staying positive. Lots of people get 'the January blues', but we have the lighter mornings, lighter evenings, longer days, brighter colours and flowers to look forward to as spring draws closer.

Popping out each day for a stroll even just a short while helps me too. Have you tried one of those sun lights people with SAD often use? Have you tried taking any vitamin tablets? Floradix are good, just check with your doc though that they won't interact with any prescribed meds.

Thanks, that is such a great site!!

Have a lovely day xx