Page 68 of 80 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078 ... LastLast

Thread: Setback *Triggers* *SU SH triggers*

I am so relieved to see you write that - I completely agree with your therapist. I know it’s hard, it’s taken me years to learn how to take things one step at a time and, even now, I get it wrong. You’re so brave, intelligent, strong and you will get to where you want to be
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

JustEM
    Hey Dark_Baphomet,

Thanks for posting.

Yeah, it's a real shame that the situation can be that way with the mental health services so often.... I'm so pleased to hear you have friends around you that help. That's so positive.

I find my family will always be a better support than MH professionals emotionally because naturally they care more about me than any therapist would because of the emotional attachment. It's the same with your friends.

It's good to have a forum like this to chat with people who want to help, too, and I'm grateful for this. It's also good to off load to people who 'get it'.

Still, it is important to get that professional help where it's needed. I'm fortunate that I'm very perceptive and I know instantly who is genuine and who, erm, isn't. The CBT therapist I met last Friday seemed really lovely and sweet and genuine so that's a positive. My GP is also lovely. Are you receiving any MH support currently?

How are things with your eating and thoughts and behaviours around that now? Did you ever get any help with that?

Couldn't agree more about shifting the focus into something more meaningful. I did this last time I was anorexic and became a proper swot at school! I loved studying and smashed my exams because of it! I have a new plan to get creative and make some new produce for a fundraising stall for charity later this year. Being creative and helping others can help.

I hope everything is as well as it can be with you right now xx

Just in case I haven’t told you lately, I think you’re awesome!
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

I completely agree with Paula - you are AWESOME!
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

JustEM
    Awww you guuuuuuys!!

Thank you. You are all so amazing too!!!

Yes Paula, better to start slow and work up and sustain it than jump in at the deep end, do well and then crash. Going slower can get me steadily from A-Z whereas rushing things only gets me jumping back to A all the time to start over which is exhausting!!

Thanks for your advice. I'm pleased that you've been able to recognise this and establish it into your life. That's impressive, inspiring, positive and encouraging and shows you're self aware, sensible and strong.

Hope you're having a good day all xxx

What are you up to today? Staying warm I hope! It's flipping freezing here!

JustEM
    Proper freezing here, too!! Just got in and blasted myself with the hairdryer for instant warmth hahaha! Going to heat up some hand warmers I had for Christmas.

Had a lovely relaxing morning - lots of pampering and used my new electric neck and back massager whilst listening to some hypnosis and relaxation CDs. Then watched a spot of FRIENDS and did some writing. Just got back from a nice walk down the beach and up town and had a chat with my auntie. Looked everywhere for some canvases to do some painting but had no success so I'll probably just finish off my book tonight.

Quiet day really. Just working on lifting my mood.

You had a nice day? X

That sounds like a wonderful way of spending the morning. What kind of canvasses are you looking for? Amazon has loads and they are fairly reasonable (our youngest is amazingly artistic - she certainly didn't get it from me!)

My day was going ok, but it hasn't ended that brilliantly - long story. Looking forward to the new series of Silent Witness tonight!

I’m in awe of anyone who can paint, draw etc - that is so not my area of expertise. When I was studying reflexology, our homework one week was to draw a foot so we could jot down all the reflex points. Mine was so bad, my tutor told me to photocopy someone else’s @

JustEM
    Yeah, it was a lovely morning Suzi! I can pop just out of my town tomorrow to find a canvas, otherwise it's Amazon for the win haha! My plan is to paint a scenic background, e.g. Starry sky with a big moon, sunset over the sea etc. And to then use pebbles (from the local beach!) to make into people. Then I can create scenes from this and even mix real sand into the paint too, as well as glitter for the sea and stars.

I'm not enjoying the art as much as before but I'm still trying to just do things in short bursts. I was doing some mindfulness colouring tonight but stopped when it got to the point that I felt I was forcing myself to do it.

Finished off my book finally! So I will pop to the library tomorrow and pick up some different books to read.

Sometimes I beat myself up and call myself lame and a loser for spending my days in this way but working hard regardless to fight against these unhelpful negative thoughts. Feeling a bit bored and struggling with ED thoughts, so planning on watching Vera from last night with my mam before some hypnosis to switch off to sleep. Day by day, hey?

Ahh sorry your day didn't end brilliantly. You always sound so positive mind you! Enjoy Silent Witness! I've never seen that before. Hope you have a good night and a brighter day tomorrow.

How is your pain today? I know you said you were having your dressing changed today.

Dare I ask about Crash Bang Wollop? Hehe xx