Page 67 of 80 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast

Thread: Setback *Triggers* *SU SH triggers*

Quote Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
    Crash is awesome, and he's staying with us for ever!
    Really?? That’s fantastic!!!!!!
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Yes really. Hes' never leaving us.
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Paula (05-01-18)

JustEM
    Thanks for the link Paula.

Yay for crash!!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to JustEM For This Useful Post:

Suzi (06-01-18)

Hi, how is your weekend going? We were in Galway this morning and I spent the afternoon catching up on the soaps from last night. I missed them because we had gone to the pantomime in Galway. It was a great show, put on by about 150 different amateur people. The script was written by one of the main characters and was very funny with a lot of local references and local jokes. It was to start at 7.30 but was a little bit delayed starting and started at 7.45 but it was over at about 10.20, so I got home again at 11.15. Tired today but I can go to bed early tonight. Not much on the telly.

How are you doing lovely?

JustEM
    Hey Magie!

Aww, I love a good panto! I'm taking my little niece to her first pantomime next week with both her nana's. It's an amateur one here too with all the naf local jokes and sloppy mistakes! It will be good fun I'm sure! I'm glad you had a good time.

Nice that you got to catch up on the soaps. I've had a productive day cleaning and spent the evening watching a new TV series to distract my mind from things. My sister is spending the day with us tomorrow so that should be nice.

I've been using a hypnosis tape to drift off to sleep and it's helping a lot. I'm also doing lots of stretches and plan to get myself a yoga exercise DVD with the hope it will help my mood.

I went back up on the meds again. The physical symptoms have thus subsided these last couple of days.

Today was better than yesterday but I'm still plodding along. My first CBT session went well yesterday. The lady was so lovely. I had so much anger and got really upset though!

JustEM
    How are you doing Suzi? X

Don't worry about being upset at CBT. Make sure you do something that is kind to you after - therapy is exhausting.

I'm better today than yesterday - that was rough pain wise and I spent all day attached to my tens machine and on max pain meds... But today is easier. It's also the first weekend without having to get my dressing changed so that's OK, a bit scary but it's being changed on Monday.. So what's your plan? I assume you're not working at the homeless place anymore? I hope you're spending time working on you and resting lovely.

Dark_Baphomet
    It seems that in the country they only care if you're at an instantly curable level or actually dying, they won't help you if you're too bad but not dead yet.. I hate it, it's like the system is giving up on you and you don't mean anything to them. At least there is here where people actually try and help instead of you trying go get help and people saying you're too bad or not bad enough. I've found that friends help me more than councillors do because they actually act like they care and they want to help instead of just repeating what you're saying and asking you what you want them to do. Someone I know went to Finland to get better mental health care actually, apparently it's great over there, so if it gets too bad head to Finland if you like, there's some great metal bands over there too. I have never been bad enough eating wise to be considered to have an eating disorder but I have starved myself for months in the past and lost a lot of weight and it became obsessive when I was trying to be healthy initially. I find it helps to move the obsession to something else, try and find something else to focus on. Everything was calories and I could run them off like some kind of party trick, now I have no idea what I eat, i just try and make sure I have vegetables and eat healthyish. So maybe take up a hobby or something that you love and try and make that the thing you control instead, because then you kinda control your happiness I guess. Dunno if it's helpful

JustEM
    Hey Suzi,

Yeah, better to get the emotions out than hold them all in.

Aww, I'm sorry to hear you've been in so much pain. At least you know things are moving forward though and that the future can only mean you'll be feel stronger. Hope you feel better soon!

I'm not working there, no. I went there last week with my mother to give the donation from my fetes and in front of my mam told the manager I had anorexia and that working in the kitchen was too triggering. She told me several times to keep in touch and to let them know when things change. She said she won't put me anywhere near the kitchen! I saw all the staff there and they were lovely. The CBT therapist said on our first meeting that she could see how 'All or Nothing' I am. I did too much too soon, so the plan is to return there to volunteer slowly.

I think the first thing really is the need to sort my mood out by getting the right meds. I need a focus too, but there's little motivation. I have a new crafts idea to do another springtime fundraiser for the homeless again.

Hope you've been feeling better today xx