Page 58 of 80 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast

Thread: Setback *Triggers* *SU SH triggers*

Hi Em. A little late this evening. I've been getting stuff ready for my craft class next Friday. We are doing a paper craft of night and day and the children have to glue some pom poms onto the blue side for the day side and some stars onto the black side for night. I've been cutting out the sun and the moon for them and I've left cutting out the blue for the planet until tomorrow.
    Other than that I've got some of my Christmas shopping done today and basically been in a bit of a Christmas mood all day.

JustEM
    Hi Magie!

JustEM
    Sounds like you've had a lovely day. You sound so creative!
    Nice to hear you're in a good Christmas mood, too. That's lovely!

I've been doing some crafts myself today, as always! But unfortunately, I'm not getting any pleasure out of it. Went for coffee today with my parents which was nice and I spent some time with my mother as she got some Christmas shopping done.

Bit of a quiet rainy old afternoon after that. I've been really teary tonight. I just feel really alone. My friend sent me a message today which was lovely. He lives in South Korea and has done for over a year now. We went to India together but things went sour when he had feelings for me but I didn't feel the seem. We made up since and became close friends again. I didn't want him to leave last year. I was just on the brink of falling into depression and when he left, I lost my only friend around here. He was a real good friend, too. Hearing from him made me miss him a lot. I miss just having a laugh with him. I miss the time in India and Bosnia when I was living there. I had loads of friends.

My family are wonderful and I'm able to make friends, I just can't meet anyone. So I'm in the house not getting any jobs and drinking high calorie disgusting supplement drinks with no support from the MH team feeling rubbish.

Hopefully I'll get a job soon and meet some nice people there.

I just feel like I exist at the moment. With no purpose.

My friend is coming back next year with his Korean girlfriend! So I have him coming home as something to look forward to.

Are there any support groups in your area? Do you have a local MIND place?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

You sound really down lovely and I'm worried about you.
    It's rare for you not to enjoy crafting... Maybe you need to do something a bit different for a while?
    What about filling your time with something different? Different groups?
    Why not write a list of things you enjoy and then see if you can find something linked to those things which would get you out and about and meeting new people?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

JustEM
    The nearest MIND is twenty minutes on a bus then fifty minutes on another bus and then a twenty minute walk from the bus station for the support groups. Good idea but it's unfortunately a bit of a trek for me. I tried a group locally but it really wasn't right. I also tried a drop in place but it wasn't appropriate either. The service users were in a very different place to me with different support needs.

I am pretty down Suzi, yeah. I've looked before at all sorts of groups. There's nothing around, honestly. I used to volunteer with the homeless but met only retired people a lot older than me. They were incredibly lovely people though like the people at my Church but they are all in their 80s too! Lovely, but not the same you know?

I never met friends through work because being in kitchens I was always the only woman with loads of older men! But now I'm applying for different jobs, I'll be able to meet a different variety of people and hopefully like minded people of a similar age.

I think you're right about the crafting. I've just done so much of it that now it's feeling like a bit of a chore. I'm finishing the positivity pots because I've half done them but I definitely need something different.

The Nuns I used to volunteer with suggested I knit blankets for the homeless. That might be a nice idea.

I wanted to join the gym and go to exercise classes to meet people but physically I'm not in a good place to do that yet. I also like writing and walking.

Do you write poetry? I know of a really supportive, lovely, little group on Facebook if it helps - yes it's still online meeting people, but I've met some of my closest friends online.
    PM me where abouts you are and I'll do a search if you like - I have a few friends who are in the Port Talbot and Valleys regions who may have some ideas too or we can post on the Facebook Page?

I'm also sure that you exercising is not something which needs to happen right now.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Morning, sweetheart
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

JustEM
    Thanks Suzi!

I sent you a PM.

Morning Paula!

How are you today?

Received and acted upon

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post: