Page 57 of 80 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967 ... LastLast

Thread: Setback *Triggers* *SU SH triggers*

I’d feel a lot happier if you could see your doctor sooner - the end of the month is a long time when you’re feeling this low.
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

JustEM
    Cheers Paula.

I know, but the appointment's set and I'm managing despite feeling rubbish.

I know what I'm missing. Firstly, it's friendship. Company. Just talking about other stuff. Boring stuff. Just having fun. I'm really trying with getting work but otherwise I don't know anyone.

The other thing is needing somewhere to off load. It's hard. I don't have any MH support around me and can't just dump my stuff on my family. It's not fair on them.

You can "dump" everything here if you want - it's not the same, but we're here...

We have a fun and games section, we're not just here for depression don't ya know
    I agree with Paula, it does seem a long way off when you're this low and you've got other things too. Are you still taking the shakes? What about actual food? When are you seeing someone from the ED Team next?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

JustEM
    Thank you, that's really nice.

Seeing a dietician next week for an initial appointment then a ten minute appointment at the clinic the week after that just to make sure I'm still alive and to tick a box and such. I've seen them once since hospital for a ten minute appointment that they were late for. It's okay.

I take the shakes when I'm with family and on good days I take them totally unsupervised, but when I'm low the greedy sink gets them. That's me being honest with you. I do eat breakfast which I enjoy. Things like fresh fruit salad, a yoghurt full of grains and seeds, vitamin packed veggie smoothies and frostie bars. The rest of the day is shakes.

IT's not OK. You really do deserve much more support..
    So, this past week how many days have you missed? What about building in other things to eat? What things do you like to eat? Salads? Curries? Doughnuts?

How are you doing today gorgeous?

JustEM
    I know Suzi, but it's not going to come from the MH Team unfortunately. Still, I'm being positive. I am seeing a dietician next week and will be having therapy somewhere in the future! And I'm blessed to have my family, I really am.

Hm. Few days here and there. It's not great, I know. But considering, I am doing really well. I will be working towards the diet with the dietician. Problem is all the foods I like are bloody low calorie haha! I love beetroot, all types of fruit, raw vegetables, but I also like smoothies and used to love sushi too. I love spicy food and like mixed beans, chickpeas and (bit random) but baked beans too. So the sushi and mixed beans are something we could work with. Avocado is good too because it's healthy but surprisingly high calorie.

I'm alright thanks. I've had a productive day. Went out all morning and now I'm doing my last ten positivity pots. My head hurts a little but it's not so bad today. Moods still a bit flat but better than yesterday.

How are you? How's crash?

Crash's bottom should come with a toxicity warning tonight... He's even doing audible farts tonight. It's minus 2 and we've got the back door and front room windows open to help us stay alive!

I think you're doing brilliantly lovely, but make sure you get the help you need - shout and scream and let your Mum help if you need it. Your family are just as lucky to have you, I promise!

I've never found any veggie sushi I like..... It's normally vile! So some suggestions would be cool. I'm a dairy allergic vegetarian, so tend to follow a mostly vegan diet so beans and rice and chickpeas a plenty! I love beetroot too - maybe you just need to make it into cake!

Hi Em, I'm a little bit late this evening because I finished the puzzle that I started yesterday. I'm so sorry that the shakes aren't going down well. It's very difficult for you and I'm sure your family are quite worried too. Well done on doing more pots today, and for getting out. The fresh air always helps me. I try to go for a walk every morning after dropping Aisling to school. I walk around our local park which was a gift to the people of Tuam from the church and it's known as the Palace grounds. (The palace being where our Bishop lives). It's a fabulous amenity, with a playground for the small ones, a swimming pool and a gym. Altogether there is about 5 acres in it and if I was able to walk the whole perimeter I would be well away. I only do a small piece of it when I do it but I'm aiming to add a little piece more to my walk after Christmas.

JustEM
    Oh dear, Suzi! Pooooo-weeee! Hehehe! Perhaps CRASH has discovered your secret stash of vegan beans and pulses and demolished them?

I think work will really help. I'll have structure, purpose, meaning, social connection and distraction and I may enjoy it too! The pots have been a fab outlet but there's only so much painting a girl can do every day haha!

The dietician will help and the structured therapy. Shame I have to wait for a job and the support but I will just have to be patient. It will be worth the wait I am sure.

I've had sushi with red peppers in it before which was lovely!

JustEM
    Hi Magie!

How's it going today?

Well done on finishing the puzzle! What puzzle was it?

The walking sounds lovely. I love being out in nature!