Page 51 of 80 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast

Thread: Setback *Triggers* *SU SH triggers*

Sounds like you're keeping yourself busy lovely! Do you find regular visits to Church helpful?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Hi there. How was today? I've been keeping myself busy all day. Not long in the door, and I still have exercises and the dinner to do yet. I might cheat and ask hubby to do the dinner and leave my exercises until later. I haven't seen Aisling since I came in the door, she has a friend over. (Probably Abaigh). So long as they're not doing anything illegal or making a mess up there I don't mind. I love picking her up after school when you get all the news from her day. I miss it on a Wednesday.

A friend of mine got in contact today and her little boy is back in hospital. He had his appendix out in October, but something went wrong in the operation and there was damage done to his bowel. They sorted it out after more than a week in hospital, but he's in again since the weekend. He now has adhesions at the site of the operation and they don't know how long more he'll be in this time. The poor thing, I feel so sorry for him. And his mum and dad, they have another 3 kids, and they still have to go to school and to childminders and be kept in some sort of normality while all this is going on.

JustEM
    Hey Magie!

Glad you had a nice productive day cleaning and that you've got some knitting done!

Have a good day today?

I am loving painting the pots and making chutneys. It gives me a lot of pleasure!

I've had a fab day today with my little three year old niece. We have been super busy! Now I'm on my way to visit my aunty and uncle. I also had time to pop to the hospital with some thank you gifts for the staff. Sent off my application for the homeless hostel job and had an email saying they will be in touch after the closing date on the 16th.

Went to the clinic today. New person I'm working with is lovely. Not like that horrid OT hehe!

JustEM
    Always busy me, Suzi! Hehe! Was absolutely flattened yesterday mind!

Orange marmalade (not chocolate orange - my mother's response to this was YUCK so I stuck to the classic stuff hehe) and tropical jam came out awesome! I've enough jars for one or two more preserve recipes.... Any ideas from one legendary cook to another? My labels came too for decorating the jars as well!

Yes, going to Church does help. It's a moment of peace and the people are so friendly and kind.

How are you today? Dare I ask what cash has been up to? X

How’s your mood?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

JustEM
    Mood is good!

Why do you ask?

Cash is now officially CRASH... He's learning to play! It's lovely to see! Although when we popped out earlier for my nurses appointment we came home and he'd eaten a pack of emery boards - well not quite eaten all of them, but suffice to say I need to order new ones... He's also decided to floss his teeth with some wool I apparently now have finished with mid project (good job I got 2 balls!). He's also discovered he loves to chew twigs from the garden and loves to stand in the rain!
    Glad things are going well lovely. Your marmalade and jam sound delicious!

JustEM
    Hahahahaha!!! CRASH sounds wicked fun!!

He sounds like my grandpa's old dog Dodger. My Gramp had a real sweet tooth and if would dare leave anything unattended for a second, Dodger would nab it. He even jumped up on a chair and ate a whole packet of jam doughnuts once off the table. He was a cheeky boy. I loved him! He'd chew his way through absolutely anything and everything - doors, wooden chairs, sofas....

I'm sure CRASH will settle though. He is only a pup love him!

Thanks, I'm really enjoying making the preserves. It's nice because even despite the ED, I'm making things I enjoy eating! Love spicy stuff and exotic fruits, me!

Have a great day, Suzi xx

Fun???? He's a pita! He's removed things off the coffee table and eaten a loo roll and the other half of my handmade notebook covered in sari material last night. We came down to check on him at 6 and it can't have happened for long as the yarn was still wet where he had picked it up and moved it off the coffee table where I'd stupidly left them..... No damage to them though, but this notebook and my fineliner are screwed... Good job he's cute and the rescue have stated we're not allowed to have him stuffed or curry him - we asked!

Hope you've got a good day planned lovely.

JustEM
    Hehehehe okay maybe not 'fun'. Endearing though. Butter wouldn't melt and all that.

Sorry about the notebook though. That's not very good, love.

Hm yeah... Crash Hot Dogs....

Just decorating my chutney and jam jars this morning and finishing off my three make up pots before my little niece comes over after nursery.

Not feeling majorly well today. A few family members have kindly shared the winter lurgi with me I think. So thoughtful of them, hey? Still, can't complain. It is November now after all.

Have a nice day x