Page 5 of 80 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Thread: Setback *Triggers* *SU SH triggers*

JustEM
    Thanks hun

I was gutted too but a few too many expletives, an angry walk in the rain and a good old fashioned cry and I feel better about it. Flights will always ever cost a bomb to go to India so after looking into that tonight, I've just realised that I would spend practically all my own savings on a two-week trip just to make peace in my heart. So I think instead, I'm just really going to work on letting this go. Accept it and move on!

Thanks for your kind words. With setbacks, I always feel they propel me forward even though they can hurt like hell. Step by step, I can get things back on track. Baby steps, yeah?

I'm going to go day by day with my friends. You're right that there will be more positives than stresses. I'll start with today! I'm getting up early to bake some homemade bread and to make some spicy Indian tea!

I'd love a holiday somewhere sometime! Wouldn't we all? I'm going to spend a couple of weeks with my dear auntie after my friends go home. She makes me feel better and she lives just an hour away. It's a change of scenery. Not exactly Calcutta but a good baby step nonetheless haha!

Thanks for your message. I hope all is as good as it can be with you!! xx

AndThisTooMustPass
    With setbacks, I always feel they propel me forward even though they can hurt like hell. Step by step, I can get things back on track. Baby steps, yeah?
    Like I said, Impressive!

xxx

Everything is possible in the future

Who knows what's round the corner? Take up your explorers hat and go and find out! You're being so positive. I'm very proud of you!
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

JustEM
    Thanks everyone!!

Aw thanks Suzi! That made me smile as my friend actually calls me 'Dora' after Dora the Explorer jokingly because of my wandering and travelling ways....

Exactly, maybe I'm looking half way across the world when the next thing is just around the corner. Ah we all have to just keep being positive regardless.

Have a good weekend all xxx

Lol, it was a game I used to play with my babies when they were younger. We used to have to put on our invisible and magical explorer hats to go out and see what we could find lol... Amazing what you come up with when you're broke, but also can't stay in!

You have reminded me of The Truman Show when he says he wants to be an explorer and his teacher says him everything has already been discovered so he is too late. But he never stops being determined. I love that film and I would recommend it to encourage your fighting spirit if you haven't already seen it. (No spoilers please dwd members!)

JustEM
    Lol Suzi, that sounds like good fun! I can see me playing that game with my little niece actually! When I'm looking after her, she always says 'Aunty Em is taking me on an adventure today!' bless her.

JustEM
    Hey Amaya
    I've not seen The Truman Show, but I'm always looking for a new film to watch so I'll be sure to give this a looksie! Thanks.
    And thanks for your kind words, too.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to JustEM For This Useful Post:

Amaya (10-08-17)

Quote Originally Posted by JustEM View Post
    Lol Suzi, that sounds like good fun! I can see me playing that game with my little niece actually! When I'm looking after her, she always says 'Aunty Em is taking me on an adventure today!' bless her.
    It's brilliant - you know we went on a muddy walk in the woods tracking dinosaurs, we've hunted fairies, we've written letters to and had replies from our night time fairy Arrabella who puts all the flowers and animals to bed and helps the nocturnal ones if they are in need of anything..