Page 46 of 80 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast

Thread: Setback *Triggers* *SU SH triggers*

JustEM
    Morning Suzi!

So glad to hear you're feeling a bit better, hun. You're so positive! So pleased you have a lovely nurse and I bet that shower felt amazing! Just think of how many nice showers and relaxing baths you can have when the plasters are off. Besides, the plastered-look is in season I've heard. Hehe!

Yeah, really excited for the stall now! I can only sell crafts at the market though but that's probably better. The less my focus is on food, the better! So I've had an idea to paint pebbles and garden signs too seen as I can get free access to pebbles from the beach and to rustic unwanted wood. Why not? I will still do all the foodie ideas for my sister in law - Rhian's - fete though!

Rhian's brother Lee (so much easier than the mouthful haha!) brought my a huge framed poster yesterday with super inspirational quotes that I will put in my bedroom! He suffers with depression and copes by covering his bedroom walls with positive quotes and pictures. I thought this was a fantastic idea and wanted to cover my wall at home with happy things and reasons to get up and go on! Family photos, memories, quotes.... What a great idea and how kind of him!

Well maybe we have a new scrabble champion in our midst then - Marc! It will be a nice thing to do in the hospital - something different.

Weather here is nice. I have a lovely sea view. I can't wait to get out in the fresh air though!! Haha!

Hope you have a lovely day today! I'm meeting with the clinical lead so will know about discharge. In the meantime, I'll paint some..... You guessed it ladies, POTS! I bought lots of purple and pink shades and PINK GLITTER! Going to do some girly love heart ones and butterfly ones now!

Em xx

JustEM
    Morning Magie!

How are you doing today?

Well I think you always have to make the most out of every situation! Better to come to hospital and paint 5000 pots and raise money for charity and to buy my mam coffee in the costa downstairs and sit outside in the sun with her and practically sunbathe lying on the bench both regardless of my facial tube, than to mope in a hospital bed, right?

Glad the weather bucked up for your walk. Glad your knees are doing a bit better too and that's great that you've raised the money for charity!

Dublin sounds fantastic! Enjoy yourselves there!

Yes, I love these pots. This stall and the creativity is really keeping me going. It's something positive to fuel my energy into!

Wishing you a lovely day xx

JustEM
    Ooo! I almost forgot! The job got back to me and said they liked my CV and felt I was a suitable match so I'm just waiting on an interview date! I have a feeling the charity is Womens' Aid but if not it's a very similar one to that. Fingers crossed!!

Great news about the job lovely! I'm so thrilled for you - do they know you're currently in hospital? Could you do a phone or skype interview if you were still in hospital?

You're always so happy sounding, but I think that there must be some sadness too.... How are you really feeling in yourself?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

JustEM
    Hey Suzi!

They don't, but I will disclose my illness to them at interview.

Tube is OUT!!!!! I'm being discharged tomorrow!

Hm, you are very perceptive there. I'm terrified if I'm honest. I don't feel ready sometimes. My family and I are all anxious I'll relapse. I don't want to but it's an illness. I honestly can't help it. I'm putting in a referral to an inpatient place. I don't want to go there obviously but I just don't know if the CMHT can provide me with the intensity of support and supervision I need.

I feel alone in my illness. I know im not alone but the silent battle between what I want and what the anorexia wants with regards to weight, food, exercise and lies is an isolating battle. I am sad for that.

Other than that, I'm grand! Painted two pretty pots today.

How you feeling?

I am so chuffed the tube is out! Hunni, I get it about being alone in this. I have a rare, debilitating nerve condition that hurts really badly most of the time. Most people don’t get it so there’s not much point in me talking about it and, if I do, I normally get ‘keep positive’ and ‘I’m sure it’ll get better’. It’s lonely fighting against people’s perceptions all the time.
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

I get it too.... I have a list of medical issues and there are so many times that I've just wanted to scream at someone who tells me that "they understand" or that they "know exactly how I feel" that actually they don't have a f*ing clue and actually I've been fighting my own internal dialogue and fighting against "it's growing pains" or "keep moving and it'll help" or "try this herbal remedy....."
    You aren't alone, we all have our own understandings and whilst none of us know exactly how you feel, we can all appreciate certain elements of it. All I'll ask is that you promise to try to keep talking - to us, to your parents - to anyone who will listen and keep on doing it.

I'm so thrilled that the tube is out and you're heading home!

JustEM
    Hey Paula and Suzi!

Even though our difficulties and illnesses might be different, we can still relate to each other and have that empathy and understanding because we experience the same sense of loneliness and isolation in our illnesses. So we are absolutely not alone!

I am talking openly and honestly. It's likely I will self-refer to an inpatient place for a short while. Depends on how things go at home and hopefully I will be able to cope and go forward! It's a safety net and shows I DO want to get well.

Having the tube out was gross!!! I could taste the contents of my stomach, vomit and the icky feed I was given - bleurgh! Got to make sure I never have a tube again now!

Have a lovely day both. I will let you know when I'm home!

It does sound horrible! Do you have a plan as to shakes/food etc when you get home?

Happy homecoming day!

Woohoo!!!!! Home day!

Don’t push yourself today, emotions are going to run high, but enjoy knowing what you’ve achieved getting to this point
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.