Page 45 of 80 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast

Thread: Setback *Triggers* *SU SH triggers*

Hi Em, today started all foggy and when I was bringing Aisling to school you could hardly see in front of you. Then I was helping out in school until 1, and when we came out the sun was shining. The sun better stay out until I get my walk in! I'm glad that you had such a successful meeting with your team. And I'm very glad that they are putting things into place for when you get home. You are doing so well and if you have to stay for another week or so, your time will fly by. Talk again later, I'm running out again to pick Aisling up.

Hi, how was your day? Did you get much painting done? I've suffered with my knees all afternoon and I only took a short walk to the end of the road and back today. I just couldn't go any further.

Morning hunni . Everything seems to be going in the right direction - well done you!
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Hi Em, how was your day? Did you have any visitors? Can you get out for a few hours now or is it all impatient treatment? All questions, I'm sorry, so rude of me.
    Here Aisling is getting pretty excited about Halloween. She was wrapping up a few goodies today so that her friends can have a game of pass the parcel when they come over on Tuesday. She hopes that they will have a lot of loot to share after their trick or treating. Going to Dublin on Wednesday then and I'm looking forward to that. A couple of days away and no dirty dishes to do until we come back. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Hey chick, missed you today.... You OK?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Hi there. I missed you yesterday. Is everything okay?

JustEM
    Hiya Magie!

How are you doing?

Sorry I went a bit quiet. I get like that sometimes. You know when you just feel a bit 'quiet'?

Has the weather bucked up your end? It's been nice here (out of my window haha!) but it's dark so early now the clocks have gone back!

How are your knees doing? Better I hope, hun! That's nice that you're still going out for walks though. I love scenic walks back home by the coast and the duck pond. So relaxing.

Sounds like Aisling will have LOTS of fun for Halloween! How old is she?

Dublin sounds great!! My brother and sister in law recently had a weekend away there and absolutely loved it! My American friends who visited me in the summer also went there for a few days. They went to a traditional Irish night with singing and dancing and Guinness and Irish stew and had an absolute blast!

Not rude at all! I did go outside with my mam one sunny afternoon which was lovely and I pop down to the canteen for a change of scenery when visitors come. My sister in law's mother pops in twice a week and her brother works in the hospital so he comes in on his lunch break every day which is thoughtful and nice of him. My brother and sister in law came yesterday and are coming again Wednesday for us to play scrabble! My brother is an over-confident English teacher scrabble champ and my sister in law is so competitive bless her that she won't play with him because she can't beat him haha!! So that should be a laugh! I also sew my parents most days.

The date for my stall is 30th November!! I'm going to sell at my sister in laws school Christmas fete (she's head of science) for a homeless charity. Whilst being in hospital, I've already made £70 on pots!! Plus there staff members are going to buy one from me before I'm discharged and my cousin has requested Jack and Sally from the Nightmare Before Christmas so that's almost a hundred quid for the homeless before I've even started!!

Spoke with the Farmers Market and they said it's better I sell after Christmas. I'm to call them back today to discuss further. I'm so excited about this! Besides, the end of January would be a good start date to give me time to get the food licence and prepare for my stock.

I've been thinking of doing 'The Flower Pot Shop' selling large painted pots for herbs, flowers and containers for gifts and treats, small painted pots for tea lights and then flower-pot breads and muffins (savoury breads and sweet muffins baked in a small flower pot tied with a ribbon to serve). They already have a chutney stall there but if I could make chutney I could call the stall 'Pots and Preserves'. I thought the breads and muffins would be good because they're cheap, so versatile and everyone likes bread and cake! Haha!

What do you think?

Have a lovely week!!

Em xxx

JustEM
    Hiya Suzi!!

How are you feeling, hun? Much stronger I hope! Hope you had a nice weekend.

Sorry I went a bit quiet. I'm back now haha! As you can see from my post to Magie, things are going well and in the right direction.

I've also applied for some NON-FOOD RELATED jobs whilst being in. There's a position I'm really interested in working in admin for an established charity for women that works to end domestic violence and abuse. They have confirmed that they are currently reviewing my application. It would be an excellent first step into the charity sector and would be something completely different to channel my mind into something else - something meaningful too, rather than preparing rubbish food I'm too scared to even eat whilst surrounded by rude, foul-mouthed, microwave-expert, Gordon-Ramsay wannabes for 12 hours a day in a greasy and grubby kitchen! It's a 20-minute bus ride into the centre of town and can be part time leading to full time so I don't go from hospital patient with tube to 40-hour week administration lady! Haha! Closing date is tomorrow so fingers crossed!

Been a bit worried about going home. Got lots of good things in place and support but anorexia doesn't give two figs about that and it's hard not to relapse. Recovery needs to come from me this time. It feels safe in the hospital. Time will tell how I cope!

Have a lovely day!! Xx

I am so proud of you! You're so determined and doing everything you can to get well.

Loving "Pots and Preserves" love! That's so cool - you could start selling on etsy and facebook too!
    The job sounds great and I'm relieved it's not working with food as I can't see how that could ever help when you are surrounded by food and stroppy arses all day - I've done waitressing and catering too (although not at chef level lol) and they are really cliquey places to work and actually I think you deserve much better.

I love that you've so many visitors. I think that your sister in law's mother's brother (that was a mouthful lol) coming in to spend his lunch breaks with you is so lovely. You're obviously as lovely in person as you come across online!

I'm doing better thanks lovely. Building up slowly and I had my first shower since my op last night thanks to the lovely nurse at the walk in centre who did my dressing yesterday. I'm currently being held together with packing, big plaster and smothered in what can only be described as medical sticky back plastic! It's not a great look tbh, but hey that shower was amazing!

I'm amazed by how much you've raised already! Are you remembering to take out your costs too or you won't be able to carry on! Every time you talk about your pots you become so excited and it's lovely!

So, are you any good at scrabble? Marc (my husband) is a real pita. He's dyslexic, but he beats pretty much anyone I've ever seen him play! It comes down to the way he looks at letters! Words with Friends he beat a friend of ours who was playing backed up with the whole of his office of met detectives! Good luck for your match!

Hope it's a lovely day where you are today - it's flipping freezing here today - a real shock after the fairly warm weekend!

Have a good day gorgeous.
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Morning Em, lovely to hear from you. You have kept yourself so busy while you have been in, I'm so amazed! It's the right thing to do though. Less time to worry and think about things. The weather over the weekend here was very mild and cloudy. We had rain in the mornings but it had cleared up to us having very pleasant afternoons so that I could go out for my walk.
    Knees are almost back to normal now. Still just a little swollen and stiff but not as bad as Friday. I'm not sure how much money we raised for our charity, they will let us know later when all the money is in.
    When we go to Dublin we stay on the outskirts of the city. We stay in a family run hotel and we aren't far from the shopping centre there. It's just a short drive to the cinema and all that the shopping centre has to offer.
    We have a bank holiday here today. It's great to have an extra day to get used to the change in time. It was so dark yesterday by 5.30, you forget don't you.
    You have so many ideas for your stall. It will go a treat and you'll make loads of money for your charity.