Page 38 of 80 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast

Thread: Setback *Triggers* *SU SH triggers*

JustEM
    Thanks Paula.

You must be remarkably strong to have come through your hospital experience. I'm so pleased you're in a better place now.

Yeah, the experience won't be forever and each day here is one day less here! Can't wait to get back home and make sure I don't end up back here again.

JustEM
    Thanks Suzi,

My mood is suffering a lot. I just want to pull my duvet over my head and shut the world out. Feel so flat and empty like I could just stare at the wall. I've slept loads but I'm knackered.

Going to paint now anyways and I have more visitors later.

Haven't really got any choice in being here. If I refused, they would only have sectioned me.

Trying to stay positive x

JustEM
    Thanks Magie!

The hug must have helped me sleep - I was flat out last night!! Haha!

Really thanks for that advice. Writing helps me get it out and I like the idea of it being 'just for me' because then I can just write what's inside and it doesn't even matter if it sounds like a load of crap and waffle haha!

Your advice for breaking down the hours of the day has helped me, too. Certain times for certain things. I try to look forward to my early morning shower when nobody else is awake, the evening time when I have my pyjamas on and know that another day is coming to an end, 9am when I can start painting after medication and blood tests have been done and of course the time when my visitors come!

Am going to ask my visitors if we can go down to the coffee shop sometimes, too. Just makes things more normal and gives me some breathing space.

Sending a hug right back at you! Xxx

You are doing great. Yes of course there are times when it would be lovely to stay in bed and pull the duvet right up over your head, but that gets you nowhere. What you're doing, getting up, getting on with things is going to serve you better in the end. You are getting stronger every day. You have shown such strength of character since all this started. You are getting there. Don't worry. I really admire you.

Hey chicky, sorry you're feeling rubbish. I'm glad you've got things to do and lots of visitors! Going to the coffee shop sounds like a good plan. Get off the ward for a bit. Does the hospital have a garden that you could go and sit in or go for a walk some time?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

JustEM
    Thank you, Magie!

What a lovely and encouraging message!! You're right, just got to keep on going!

I will get there and when I get out of here I need to do all I can to make sure I don't end up back here!

JustEM
    Thanks, Suzi.

Yeah, my brother gave me his Netflix password too so I can chuck on a film sometime.

No garden area unfortunately, but just went to the coffee shop now with some visitors and it was nice to get off the ward! My tube feeding stops between 2.30-6.30 so during this time I could pop downstairs, get a trashy magazine, get some fresh air and go to the cafe if I'm with some visitors. Breaks it up a bit.

Just be really glad to be home and get on with my life. It's hard because my mood is low and when the visitors leave I feel even more that I want to be home with them doing normal things!

How are you doing physically?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Oh sweetheart... I'm sorry you're finding it tough, but you know that this is for the greater good blah blah... I'm glad you're getting out into the cafe today - that's got to help a bit love. What about your other wardfellows? Have you been able to talk to them and get to know them a bit? Netflicks - awesome, start binging on box sets!
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

JustEM
    Actually Suzi the day panned out really well.
    Getting out into the coffee shop helped definitely! I'll do that again tomorrow, too!
    Netflix didn't work but I have Iplayer so that's a happy substitute!