Page 37 of 80 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast

Thread: Setback *Triggers* *SU SH triggers*

JustEM
    Morning Magie!

Yesterday was better than the day before thanks! Had a lovely visit with my mother and father. Bless them, they are so supportive! My mam brought me new slippers and cosy socks and some ice cold lemonade. Lovely!

I was a bit teary with them because I felt like I just wanted to go home! But I was okay after a tear and a cuppa.

I slept like a log last night, finished two awfully trashy magazines from my 86-year old patient neighbour and finished off my book this morning. My auntie phoned me for a natter and I've had lots of lovely texts and messages from my family and you lovely lot!

Just about to finally start my painting now! I'm feeling much more settled! (could do without the horrible stench coming from a patient with urinary problems opposite though hahaha but that's hospital life, hey?) Hehe!

Have a good day all xxx

Are you taking anything to help you sleep? Or is it that you've relaxed a bit and sleep is coming more naturally to you? The only reason I ask is that my sleep is one of my first triggers. If I'm not sleeping properly then my mood starts to slip.

Quote Originally Posted by JustEM View Post
    Thanks Suzi! You're now the third person who's said that I should now start writing about my experiences!!
    Then maybe you should?

I'm glad you're having lots of visitors, phone calls and lovely texts. You are so lovely that you deserve to have!
    How are you feeling now lovely? Staff nice?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Morning, gorgeous
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

JustEM
    Hey Magie,

Not taking anything to sleep, no.

I'm the same with sleep. If I don't get enough, my mood really suffers. Over-sleeping is a sign my depression isn't in a good place and when I'm unwell I usually just sleep loads!

Think in this case it's just mental exhaustion and relief another day has passed!

JustEM
    Hey Suzi!

Yeah, think it might be good to scribble down some feelings!

Staff are lovely. I'm struggling today though... Been reading and painting and texting and had visitors but I just really, really want to go home now. A minimum of two weeks is such a long time in here.

Sorry to moan, just feel a bit down this evening.

JustEM
    Hey Paula!

Thanks for checking in on me, everyone!

I know what you mean, I was on a psych ward for a month and it felt like 6. BUT. If it means you can go home on the way to recovery, it’s worth every moment
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Oh sweetheart! I'm sorry you're struggling today love, but you really are in the best place. It's so important to get you well, you really are so special.
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Have a hug to help you through the night.

Some days are easier to get through than others. Keep doing what you are doing, the time will pass, you will really have to take this hour by hour. Try writing down your thoughts, it doesn't matter if it's on the back of a receipt, in a copy book or in a diary, the words will come anyway and it might help you pass a little bit of time. I started keeping a diary while I was in the psych ward and although I didn't have anything official to write in, it was just a copy book, the words came and now when I want to see how far I've come, they come out and I re-read the words that I put there. It's my story and no one else will ever see it, but it's very important to me and I'll never throw those copies out. They are kept in a special box and I know that I can put my hand on them anytime I want.

Keep talking and writing here and in your diary, and talk to the people that are there to help you.