Page 26 of 80 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676 ... LastLast

Thread: Setback *Triggers* *SU SH triggers*

Good luck with the clinic later. Please don't hate me for this but maybe a little spell in hospital might be in order. They can keep an eye on you calorie intake and also monitor your calorie output. I know it's horrible and it's one of the worst things that can happen, but it is better than the alternative. Just putting my opinion out there.

JustEM
    No, told her I had one. I won't tell her, but I will drink the next one scheduled with her later. One won't hurt. Besides, the sink was thirsty!

JustEM
    Thanks Magie. I'll let you know how it goes today.

I would never hate you for saying that! Generally, I have this supervision in place at home now and we're seeing how it goes. I know hospital may be what it comes to but I'm working so hard to stay OUT and so far so good!

I agree, so far so good. It seems that our weight gives us problems no matter whether we are under weight or over weight. This year I cancelled an appointment with someone to do with getting my stomach stapled. I'm 5 stone over weight but I used to be 7. I lost 2 stone about 2 years ago and since June I've lost almost a stone. It's coming off but it's very slow. However I'm determined this time to lose it. I've a significant birthday coming up and I plan on not being this size for that birthday.

JustEM
    Yeah, it's not about the weight or the food really. It's more about finding the what and why behind our behaviours.

Well done on the weight loss and that's great that you're motivated to lose the weight for YOU and not because you feel you 'should'. You can definitely do it. Don't be too hard on yourself though, who we are is so much more than a number on the scales.

Oo exciting about the big birthday! Congrats!

Just went to the clinic. Turns out I lost half a kilo?! We were shocked because I've taken in MORE and done NO activity over the weekend. (other than the one drink I didn't have today but that wouldn't have done it) The OT wanted to admit me to hospital but saw that I really had worked SO hard over the weekend and has given me ONE last chance until Wednesday when I'm weighed again. If it goes down Wednesday, they will have no choice but to admit me.

The OT also said I MUST be kind to myself. She said I have to get up, showered and dressed every day and that I must not punish myself in any way.

What a shame! Look after yourself for the next couple of days and hopefully things will be okay on Wednesday. Thinking of you.

How have you lost weight by increasing the drinks, and not doing anything active?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

JustEM
    Thanks Magie, I will. Feeling much better today than the weekend actually! I'm sure all will be okay by Wednesday. You take care xx

JustEM
    Absolutely no idea, Suzi! We were all a bit stunned!

It could be that (and not to be crude) I had lost weight the, ahem, 'natural' way... If you know what I mean... And my stomach had been a bit poorly after restricting and refeeding on repeat.

Otherwise, burning calories by stress caused by the weekend? Unless concentrating on the painting so intently burns calories in the same way revising for long periods can?

Failing that, no clue. Not a bad way to lose weight though - eat more, do less. It will be all the rage! Lol xx

I wish it worked for me!

Seriously love, I'm worried that you aren't going to be honest about missing the drink today. The only way you are going to get through this is to work with those around you. They aren't doing it for any other reason but that they genuinely want to see you get better... You can do this. Even if no one is watching you, you can do this.
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!