Page 40 of 80 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast

Thread: Setback *Triggers* *SU SH triggers*

How did you get on with the Dr? How are you feeling today? I think you have every right to comment on the way that you were treated by the OT - if you don't want to label it a "complaint" then label it "service user feedback" or something
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

JustEM
    Doctor was really positive and was pleased by my progress. I just get the feeling it's going to be more than two weeks and that's hard.

Excellent idea about the complaint. When I'm home, I will write a letter expressing all of this for the benefit of OTHER service users in future.

Had a tough day today. Holding things together and being super positive is hard. Lots of difficult patients, short staffed and my emotions have been everywhere. The medical side is being addressed but the mental side has been totally forgotten. Im on a gastric ward so obviously its not the staffs role to deal with eating disorders as their focus is on getting my body well. The staff here are amazing though. Im very grateful.

Was able to have a good cry to my parents and a rant which helped. I always feel better in the evening - it means another day is DONE!

Oh lovely, I’m sorry it’s been a tough day. Ftr I think you’re holding it together really well
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

Oh sweetheart... Can you get to see anyone who can help more with the mental side of things?
    You are amazing. I think your parents sound pretty awesome too - no wonder you are so fantastic.

JustEM
    Paula.... x

JustEM
    My parents are truly incredible. I owe it to my family to make sure I never get in this situation again. They're a huge support and I can talk to them.

My therapist was going to visit me but her granddaughter is in hospital and life has been chaotic with her she said so I totally understand that. The ED services are planning on making a visit if they can be arsed.

I'll be okay, though. I have my family and you lovely people and the staff are all nice. I'm distracted with painting, writing and watching missed TV shows so I have a lot to be thankful for.

Yesterday was just tough is all. But I take comfort in knowing the day - hard though it may be - will come to an end and I will be closer to coming home.

You owe it to YOU to get better lovely... I'm so glad you can talk to them about everything though, that's massive.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Morning Em. How are things today? Anything nice planned, a little trip to the coffee shop perhaps?
    Anyway, thinking about you and the way you are fighting this. I'm full of admiration for you. Well done and keep it up.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to magie06 For This Useful Post:

Hey sweetheart. I want you to remember that, no matter how tough this is, you ARE getting through this, you ARE getting well and you WILL be going home, in a much better place, physically and mentally. I have faith in you, everyone here has faith in you, your family has faith in you, we need you to have faith in you. Ok?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

S deleted (18-10-17)

JustEM
    Okay, Paula!! I've got it!!

I am getting better. I've gained some weight, my colour is back, my bloods show no concern, my blood pressure and heart rate has improved and is okay and I feel more energised, too.

Thanks so much for your encouragement. I owe it to all the wonderful people rooting for me and to myself to get well.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JustEM For This Useful Post:

Paula (18-10-17),Suzi (19-10-17)