Page 74 of 80 FirstFirst ... 24647273747576 ... LastLast

Thread: Setback *Triggers* *SU SH triggers*

JustEM
    Good shout, Paula.

The only other goal I could think of for now is a more general, every day one. To 'say yes more than no'. What I mean by this, is if an opportunity to do something (e.g. Even something simple like going out with my mam shopping or out for the day somewhere, or if I am invited to do something or go somewhere or do something different, say yes!) Rather than worrying 'what if?'. This is something I've actually already started today and that I can continue on a daily basis. It will also help boost my mood and reduce my anxiety about, erm, doing nice things!

I can also start the walking to Church every day one from tomorrow.

That way, the voluntary goal can be more of a long-term goal achieved gradually.

Whaddya think?

JustEM
    Hahahaha, Suzi!

I'm (trying to be!) a new woman!

What were you expecting me to say? Get a 50 hour job, move into my own place and learn to drive?

Baby steps. I can do this.

JustEM
    Hey Magie!

Sorry, I didn't see your message until today! How are you doing? Did you finish the knitting?

I had a nice evening thanks. Watched three episodes of Black Mirror with my dad and listened to a new hypnosis tape overnight.

Quote Originally Posted by JustEM View Post
    Good shout, Paula.

The only other goal I could think of for now is a more general, every day one. To 'say yes more than no'. What I mean by this, is if an opportunity to do something (e.g. Even something simple like going out with my mam shopping or out for the day somewhere, or if I am invited to do something or go somewhere or do something different, say yes!) Rather than worrying 'what if?'. This is something I've actually already started today and that I can continue on a daily basis. It will also help boost my mood and reduce my anxiety about, erm, doing nice things!

I can also start the walking to Church every day one from tomorrow.

That way, the voluntary goal can be more of a long-term goal achieved gradually.

Whaddya think?
    I think that’s a great goal
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by JustEM View Post
    Hahahaha, Suzi!

I'm (trying to be!) a new woman!

What were you expecting me to say? Get a 50 hour job, move into my own place and learn to drive?

Baby steps. I can do this.
    Erm yeah pretty much......
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

The knitting is growing slowly. I'm taking my time and some days I get more done than others. Today hasn't been a good knitting day as we were in Galway in the morning and spent the afternoon tidying up the wardrobe in Aisling's old room. We have a lot to put into the attic tomorrow. Not sure when though, as we have a family anniversary mass in the morning.

lovely... Hope you're resting a bit and being kind to yourself...

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

JustEM
    Just take your time with the knitting, no pressure on yourself.

Sounds like you've had a busy day!

How are you today lovely?

JustEM
    Hi Suzi!

Good thanks, it's nice and cold and frosty here. Got a lot of cleaning done and just came home from Church.

How are you?