Page 77 of 80 FirstFirst ... 27677576777879 ... LastLast

Thread: Setback *Triggers* *SU SH triggers*

How's the rest of the day gone love?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

JustEM
    Hey!

Yesterday was really good thanks, Suzi. I spent it with my little niece who is an absolute joy! Then I went to the theatre to see a show which was my Christmas present. It was awesome! So today, I have felt much more positive and motivated. I really do have a lot to be thankful for.

My GP suggested I volunteer at a self help recovery centre in my area. It's for dying cancer patients, those who are gravely ill, people of all ages with various mental and physical illness, children, and elderly people who don't have any family.

I went there today with my mother and the manager gave us a tour of the place! They offer holistic therapies for patients - reflexology, acupuncture, self hypnosis, Indian head massage, homeopathy, hydrotherapy and Bowen's therapy. The manager said that as a volunteer I would be able to help AND receive the treatments! He shared openly with me that he had PTSD and depression so I shared my depression so I shared about my mental health problems. The environment there was warm, accepting and non-judgemental.

They also have a sensory garden, their own Church, a bar and comfy lounge areas. The manager said I could help three days a week with the patients, cleaning, serving teas and coffees and with crafts and activities. He said, with time, that I could even learn to become a therapist there! He's invited me to come for the day next Tuesday!

Had a good day today. Got up and out. Went to Church, got all the cleaning done, went for a lovely walk, and used all my acupuncture and reflexology gadgets!

How are you today? Crash behaving....? Hehe!

Wow! That place sounds amazing! Yay! Not food based too! Well done!

Things are busy here, shattered! We have discovered by watching "Big Cats" that Crash barks at them - whether he's scared or guarding us we haven't worked out lol

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

That’s soinds like a wonderful centre
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

JustEM
    I know! I was well impressed!

Hahahaha Crash! Defo showing the big cats who's boss I reckon.

So, how are you today lovely?

JustEM
    Hey!

Pretty good thanks! Had a lush day yesterday at the spa! A quieter one today. Rainy and cold here. Off to Church soon then Call The Midwife tonight which I love!

How are you? Nice weekend? X

Sounds like a lovely day - I've never been to a spa lol...

JustEM
    Aww you need to go, Suzi!! I absolutely love a spa.

Hi Hunni, glad you had a good spa day - there’s nothing quite like it
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post: