Page 3 of 80 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Setback *Triggers* *SU SH triggers*

Hunni that's a great development and it bought tears to my eyes! You are cared about lovely...
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

JustEM
    Aw thanks Suzi!

I had the appointment today. I really like the therapist. She's going to see me three times a week at home so I'll feel more supported now. I'm now under the eating disorder service but it's okay because I don't have to go to any anorexic clinic or whatever which can feel triggering and just generally not great. She wants to keep me out of hospital and enable me to go to India I don't see things as serious as she's saying they are, so maybe its a bit of a reality check?

Also, I'm looking into AD meds that I went on six years ago that really worked for me so hopefully that will help, too.

So it was a positive session, but after therapy I always find it so hard to go into work and function and cope. I went to work but had to leave just half hour later. A staff member was nagging at me a bit and it all felt a bit secondary in comparison to what I'd just been addressing with a therapist moments before!

So hopefully I'll be able to make it in and have another crack at work tomorrow.

Hope you're having a good day today x

Well done for that appointment. It's great that you're having 3 sessions a week and that she's trying to keep you out of hospital.Working after therapy is so hard. Really you need to have time to just absorb what you've been through and then just be kind to yourself.

JustEM
    Yeah, I need it as my support network around me is a bit limited. That's right, I'll try and arrange appointments so that they're not just before work in future! Fortunately my employers are really supportive. On a good day, I give 110% but on a bad day I have nothing to give... Like I said, I will try again tomorrow!

You're doing fantastically well - you put me to shame tbh
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

JustEM
    Not at all, Paula!! We are all in this fight together!!
    Thanks for always being so encouraging! xx

I'm loving how positive you seem to be!!

JustEM
    Thanks Suzi. I do try my best!
    Guess we've just got to keep going, hey?

I've just come from a very productive CBT session and have lots of therapy tasks to keep me busy until next week! It was good to really focus on tackling this depression!

But now I'm at work again in half hour or so which I feel slightly apprehensive about as it's hard to put up a front when you don't feel so great inside so I'm savouring sitting in the sunshine before it's time to go in and I'll try to fake it til I make it!

All we can do really is to keep on trying our best and doing the best we can do on any given day to the best of our ability That's my mantra!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

JustEM
    Love the mantra! It's so true, too!

I wasn't able to cope at work. To be honest, my heart's set on recovery and getting to India which is a reality now for me. I work in a fish and chip cafe and it's nice but bagging up chips isn't a priority for me tonight at this moment!

So I faced my employers, told them I have some health problems, and they're willing to let me try again with some shifts on the weekend. I'm having a productive night really focusing on my therapy tasks and trying out an eating disorder online support group for the first time.

Today, that has been the best I can do. Maybe tomorrow, the best I can do is to go to work and bag up a hundred bags of chips with a smile on my face haha

Thanks for the mantra!

Hope you've had a good day xx