Page 42 of 80 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast

Thread: Setback *Triggers* *SU SH triggers*

As Suzi is under orders to REST and not spend too much time on the forum, I’m hoping she won’t see your post to respond for a few days lol.

So, she’s fine, she’s had a planned op and just needs to recoup for a little while
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

You sound so well. You are doing brilliantly. I hope you are into your last few days with that tube and you'll be back home where all your family are.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to magie06 For This Useful Post:

JustEM
    Aw thanks for letting me know, Paula!

I hope Suzi is alright and look forward to hearing from her when she's feeling better!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to JustEM For This Useful Post:

Suzi (22-10-17)

JustEM
    Thanks Magie!

You're the second person who's said that I sound so well now! Hitting rock bottom has really helped me to want to get back up. My experience of being in hospital has also showed me that the anxiety is much worse than the reality and that I really can deal with a lot of 'stuff'. When I get home and feel like I can't cope with work or whatever, I can look at this experience and see that - even though tough at the start - I not just came through it, but came through it with positivity!

Oh God yes, I will be pleased to see the back end of this bloody tube! Haha!

The OT is coming again tomorrow to discuss the plan for how I can move forward in the community once discharged and then I'm meeting the clinical lead on Tuesday so by then I should know if I will be out once the two weeks are up. I hope so!

Hi. How is today going? You are probably over run with visitors. Enjoy all your company. The days go faster when people call in.
    We've had cake here because it's my husband's birthday. We just said goodbye to his sisters who called after lunch. It's so nice to have someone call even if it's only for a short while.

Shh, hope that all is going well. You are doing brilliantly! I love that your friend showed you that love by doing that amazing day trip!

You really are rather awesome you know!
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

JustEM
    Hey Magie!

Aw, sounds like you've had a lovely day your end! You're right, it's lovely spending time with loved ones.

Another surprise visitor came today! One of the Nuns from the order I worked with in Calcutta last year! It honestly made my day because she's just so lovely! The visitors really help!

JustEM
    Suzi!!

You are wonderfully awesome!! But I've heard you should be resting so REST!! Only reply to this question once well-rested: How are you feeling? I hope you're well! Take care of yourself and thanks everyone for the on-going encouragement.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to JustEM For This Useful Post:

Suzi (23-10-17)

I am resting! I promise! I'm popping in because I want to, not because I have to How am I feeling? A bit like I've been hit by a 10 ton truck, but I saw "lovely, gentle nurse" today rather than "I'm digging for gold nurse of the walk in centre" who I saw yesterday...

So, if I'm doing what I need to - resting, being looked after and being repacked and redressed every day, I assume you're doing what you need to to get well? I know you hate the tube, but once you've got the essentials in place then you can get rid of it, but keep on eating?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Hi Em, how was today? I did very little today. I met a friend for coffee in the morning, and went shopping with Gerry at lunch time. Since then very little. Although since dinner I've done a few rows of knitting.