Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Hi everyone

I'm doing great thanks. It's lovely to see you around again. Decorating sounds like a fun thing to do. Anything I try to do with Aisling this weather is shot down. 'I don't want to do that' 'I'm bored'. And still she won't help with chores or anything. She's really starting to act like a teenager and we have 2 more years before that happens.

Hello there,
    I thought I would wave I have started my Christmas shopping today, spending the day with my lovely Mum. We had such fun and it makes me realise how much joy is in my life now. I have treated myself to 2 crochet magazines this weekend (just because!) I hope you are all having a good weekend.
    Xx

That's a wonderful, wonderful post! So glad you're having fun with it all and that you're doing well.
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

That’s fab!
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Oh dear..I seem to be struggling today. I think it could be Christmas approaching & the reality of being single. So many thoughts of the past and future. Trying to stay present and doing all the self-care stuff x

Oh I'm sorry you're having a harsh day... Are you doing Christmas on your own with the kids? What about meeting up with other friends who might be in a similar situation?

Thanks Suzi. They are with their Dad for the first time this year. I am feeling ok about that at the moment as I have made plans with other relatives. I think it is just all the lead up, all the retail stuff and also my interaction with couples. I know in my rational mind that the cosy view of the perfect Christmas is often far from the truth. Nevertheless, I am constantly questioning why my partner decided to leave. It’s like a tape being played over and over in my head. He was always the person who helped guide me through life.

Oh sweetheart, I'm sorry. Maybe we can help talk you through things, rather than him?

Thank-you Suzi. I actually meant an inner dialogue with him. I am proud of myself that for some considerable time now I have resisted texting him about our past. I only text him about practical matters concerning the children now. Thankfully, the waters seem to have calmed again. I think I fall into the trap of not bothering people on here until things get awful (volume of negative thoughts getting unbearable! - like yesterday) Having said that, quite often it creeps up on you doesn’t it?
    I know that I have friends on here and it does mean so much that people fully understand how horrible anxiety is xx
    One day at a time ....😃

You really do have friends here, who really do care. Sweetheart we're here for the good times and the not so great ones. Use us x

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Arty (30-11-17)