Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Hi everyone

Hope you have a good time away. You going anywhere nice?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

I've started using ImgBB for my photos
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Thanks Paula, I will give it a try.

We aren't going far but there is a really good swimming pool and lots of entertainment I'm going with the kids and my Mum so we will have a great time. No cooking for a few days too - yay!

Sounds fabulous

We're back from our break. It was really successful. However I do feel very tired in the school holidays and this makes MH worse. Just doing my best really. Sometimes I feel alone, even when I have family and friends in touching distance.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Arty For This Useful Post:

Paula (28-07-17)

I'm glad you had a good break. I think we all feel like that sometimes. Are you able to plan in rest days or practise more pacing?

Quote Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
    I'm glad you had a good break. I think we all feel like that sometimes. Are you able to plan in rest days or practise more pacing?
    Thanks for your reply Suzi.
    I am trying to feel less guily about asking the children to pull their weight around the house. They are old enough to do a lot of different jobs, including some cooking and seeing as I am now a single parent we have to work as a team.
    You are right re:pacing. I am getting better at this I really appreciate having your support on here. It is so important to have an outlet when things start to build up xx

There is no reason why your kids can't help - actually we were talking about this in my pain group yesterday and that actually instead of feeling guilty about it, you should see it as preparing them for the future!

Myself and my brother were doing plenty of chores from about 10 years old (though tidying bedroom was earlier). Both our parents worked full time and my dad was in the Fire Service so worked very long hours and our help was needed. It never did either of us any harm yet I still feel guilty asking my kids to empty the dishwasher as I am at home therefore they 'shouldn't' need to help out. But, I'm at home because I'm too ill to work so need their help. And these are skills they need to learn before they're sent out into the big wide world. So, though I'm horrendous at this too, please don't feel guilty. There's no reason for them not to help out
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

Suzi (29-07-17)