Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Hi everyone

Yes, still taking my meds Suzi. We have had take-away tea for tonight which gives me a rest. This time of year always seems to be a trigger for me, i’m really aware of it. Just need to pace myself this week, being half term.

Definitely pace yourself lovely. Maybe plan some "movie days" or similar?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Yes, great idea Suzi. I try not to promise things to the children in advance, better to decide on the day what I can cope with. I do think that the children appreciate my need to rest, bless them.

Actually I think the children need to just rest and "be" too itms? We're having a half term at home and pretty much not going out much as I had an op last week, but actually my kids have been brilliant about it and we're apparently going to do loads of "other things" instead. We're going to watch some movies, sing some songs, read some stories, listen to music, they are cooking dinner etc It's about doing the best things that you can do each day, and actually with some imagination you can have brilliant experiences without leaving the house or getting dressed - what about them putting on a fashion show using whatever clothes they find? What about them deciding what you wear for the day? Silly things which make smiles and memories...

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Paula (23-10-17)

You’re right Suzi, there is a lot of pressure on parents to be ‘doing stuff’ with their kids, especially in a materialistic way. Sometimes the simplest of things are the ones that are enjoyed the most. My youngest helped me to write ideas for my comfort box. I hope that this will encourage them to look after their MH too.

Absolutely - maybe they could make their own?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Arty (23-10-17)

Hi Arty, how are you doing? Did you survive the mid-term break that the kids had? Ours is over on Monday, Aisling goes back and Gerry is also going back to work on Monday.

Hi Magie,
    Thanks for asking We had a good week and are now back into routine. I am pleased this weekend as we have done some decorating together! Hope you are ok too x

Glad you've got some decorating done together!

Hi love, good to see you
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.