Page 93 of 145 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495103143 ... LastLast

Thread: Venturing out of the dark *TRIGGERS*

. You are neither worthless nor the worst person in the world. You may have taken on caring for her but that does not make you her slave. Perhaps you need to remind them both that you don’t take annual leave or ask for paid sick leave! You are their daughter, you do everything you possibly can for your mum and it’s time they realised that and cherished you for it.
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

Angie (06-11-17),Jaquaia (06-11-17)

You are certainly earning your keep at the moment. Please explain to your mum that you can only do so much. You are only human after all. Good luck for today.

Librarian and chief holder of antiquities and biscuits Jaquaia's Avatar
    I've changed both beds today and washed and dried the bedding. Just sorted the shopping out but they keep talking to me!!! I can hear how short I'm getting but please just shut up and leave me alone!!!! I don't know what it is but I can't deal with it tonight at all!
    Tên përdu, jhamâi së rëcôbro

can You get some breathing space? Get away from the living room?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

I came up not long after tea, but I know I'm struggling as my appetite is rubbish.

Oh sweetheart I feel so much for you. I'm so sorry I've been trying to reply to you all day, but had to get out for hospital stuff... I didn't want you to think I didn't care...
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Don't be daft! I know you care! That's one thing none of us on here can ever doubt

That means so much and has made me cry...

You do know how much I admire you don't you? You always put others first, but you're beginning to take time for you and do things to make you happy. I'm so bloody proud of you.
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Jaquaia (08-11-17)

I didn't mean to make you cry! I don't think I've done anything worth admiring really. I've just finally found some time to look after me.

So today had been pretty big! I went to counselling on the bus by myself!!! I have not done that at all during this cycle. I talked about some unpleasant memories and about the issue with my mum, but also about the difference a certain someone is making to my life. My counsellor is officially awesome and is requesting some extra sessions on top of the extra sessions I'm currently having! I then walked all the way across town to the station where I'm meeting J when he finishes work! And my back never hurt!!! I just had to keep stopping as I'm quite anxious and was tensing my legs which was then making my hip hurt.

So yay!

You are pretty awesome, lovely. So many things in one day that not long ago you wouldn’t have done

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

Jaquaia (08-11-17)