Page 71 of 145 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381121 ... LastLast

Thread: Venturing out of the dark *TRIGGERS*

Librarian and chief holder of antiquities and biscuits Jaquaia's Avatar
    I don't really know what to say about it. I'm used to just having to get on with it, I have had to do that since the pain first started.
    Tên përdu, jhamâi së rëcôbro

How are you doing today? I noticed that you were around very late last night and very early this morning. Are you getting any sleep?

I'm not sleeping well. I often wake up several times during the night but it's been worse over the past few nights. I'm even turning on a blue light filter on my phone so it doesn't fool my body into thinking it's daylight and that's not really helped, although that's early days using that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaquaia View Post
    I don't really know what to say about it. I'm used to just having to get on with it, I have had to do that since the pain first started.
    I completely understand this. I've always had pain and was quite often told I was making it up when I was growing up - strange now that my Mum has decided that she's in so much pain constantly that she needs to tell me how badly she hurts and that I am the only who can understand that............. but her's is much, much worse than mine obviously....... *gently squishes Jaq*
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaquaia View Post
    I'm not sleeping well. I often wake up several times during the night but it's been worse over the past few nights. I'm even turning on a blue light filter on my phone so it doesn't fool my body into thinking it's daylight and that's not really helped, although that's early days using that.
    Again I sympathise. My sleep is horrendous atm. What's your sleep hygiene like? Can you try to make a bedtime, shower/bath then bed with a warm milk or something?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

I understand where you are coming from wits regards to sleep. My own pattern is gone to pieces at the moment. I get about 2 hours together and then I'm awake for an hour. I try to clear my mind when this happens but it doesn't always work.

I tend to get a shower around 8pm then just relax in my room with the radio on.

My mums just asked me how my hands are today and I just told her they weren't too bad, no point saying they're really stiff and my movement is restricted as all I'll get is how bad hers are, and I was right as her next sentence was "it's just me having a bad flare up then". No mother, it's not, but the difference is I actually try and help myself.

I think most people I know with inflammatory problems are having flares atm... *Sends more squishy hugs*
    Can you be kind to you today?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

I'm trying to be. Spent almost an hour on the phone with J this afternoon, he had his first counselling session and wanted to make sure he was ok afterwards, we ended up just having a general natter and a giggle and I think we both put the phone down feeling brighter. Other then that, I've sorted the shopping out and put it all away and started a book J lent me.

What's the book?

It's actually about trains