Page 67 of 145 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977117 ... LastLast

Thread: Venturing out of the dark *TRIGGERS*

I'm so proud of you for talking about it all. I know how hard it is. Are you OK?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Librarian and chief holder of antiquities and biscuits Jaquaia's Avatar
    I'm struggling and the flare up and fatigue really isn't helping matters. And I know it's something I still need to talk about as I'm back in the mindset of it must have been my fault.
    Tên përdu, jhamâi së rëcôbro

IT certainly wasn't your fault...
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

How was it your fault? Do you think that your current behaviour is linked to your history?

I think the usual, I should have done more to stop them, I should have fought them off. Logically I know that it wasn't my fault but those thoughts are there at the back of my mind. My current behaviour, I wonder if it's a way to get rid of the numbness, or is it a way of taking power back as this is my choice. I haven't had the power to chose taken away from me itms? Or am I just finally shedding other peoples standards and establishing my own.

You sure know how to answer a question with a question lol. I know there's no easy answer to that one but I know my experiences have shaped me. How do you feel about your recent behaviour? You said before you had concerns? Maybe you need to slow down a bit?

I dunno. It's weird but something feels a bit off. I don't know what it is but I'm having fun and it's liberating. I don't know. It could be my inability to completely relax or it could be the values I was raised with whispering at me.

I've said it before but I am a bit jealous of your confidence to get out there and enjoy yourself. I sometimes wish I could just let go but I'm too scared.

I wouldn't say confidence, more like to what anyone says or thinks. I'm pushing myself out of my comfort zone.

Exactly. You're pushing your boundaries which makes me so damned proud of you, but what is confidence if it's not saying to what others think or say?