Page 32 of 145 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282132 ... LastLast

Thread: Venturing out of the dark *TRIGGERS*

The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Librarian and chief holder of antiquities and biscuits Jaquaia's Avatar
    To be honest, it's not that much of a shock as I was kind of expecting it. And at least it's been diagnosed before my joints are permanently damaged. I'm more annoyed that I now have an autoimmune disease and am going to have to have the flu vaccination
    Tên përdu, jhamâi së rëcôbro

Guardian of the North and kipper holder Angie's Avatar
    Treatment can at least start early but can understand how your feeling hunni x
    If you can’t fly, then run, if you can’t run, then walk, if you can’t walk, then crawl, but by all means keep moving.
    Quote by Martin Luther King JR

Why are you annoyed you have to have the flu jab?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaquaia View Post
    I'm more annoyed that I now have an autoimmune disease and am going to have to have the flu vaccination
    Having asthma for as long as I can remember I've always been eligible but some reason never got invited for one until I was 30. Is it really such a bad thing?

I guess because it's a reminder that I'm now immunosupressed and I need to try and avoid people with infections as catching it can cause a flare up. Although in good news, since the last time I was at the hospital, so about 8 weeks, I've lost just over 12lbs!

Oh and...
    Last edited by Jaquaia; 22-08-17 at 11:13 PM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Jaquaia For This Useful Post:

Paula (22-08-17)

It can sound pretty scary I guess but when you don't know any different it's not something you think about. It's only when people point out the risks I even realise.

I'm immunosuppressed too. It sucks but at least you know and can deal with it. Eventually you won't even think about it. One of the first things my consultant told me when he diagnosed CRPS (on top of my asthma so I doubly need the jab) was to take 1000mg vitamin C every day. I do and actually have far fewer colds/throats infections etc than I used to have

*waves hands as another immunosuppressed person*

How are you feeling today?
    Awww baby!
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

I'm feeling sick again. Meeting a friend soon for coffee but want to throw up again. Anxiety is an arse