Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 13th Doctor to be a woman!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

13th Doctor to be a woman!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-40624288

Jodie Whittaker has been announced as the Doctor Who's 13th Time Lord - the first woman to get the role.

Not really sure how to react to this one. DR.WHO A WOMAN!!
    ANyway i hope she will be better than Peter Capaldi who was as wooden as a thunderbird puppet. I hope she brings a new dimension to the role.
    They look at me and think I'm cool, I'm purplefan at night I rule.

Knight of Spamswotting by Highest order of Chufty Badges Jarre's Avatar
    It might inject some interest into the program of how the Dr's "attitude and care free nature" will be acted or not or a different approach taken, it may also add a different fan base to the series, who knows, well see next year.

I LOVE that it's a woman! About time
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

I originally wanted Kris Marshall, but she's awesome! I love her!
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Im actually disappointed that they have gone with a female doctor, although with all the talk between Missy and the Master it was clearly pointing in that direction.

I dunno, the Doctor has been a male role for over 50 yrs and of the 13th time of asking suddenly he becomes a she. As glad as I am to see Capaldi out I'm really not convinced by this move at all.

I sort of agree with you stella but the show needs a complete revamp. I think it has become stale since Matt smith left and i really hope she can do the role proud. I really like missy. One of my fav characters.
    I would have liked to have seen Rowan Atkinson.

Rowen Atkinson? Ok whatever. Right, I'm gonna be a little controversial here so if easily offended turn away now.....

First a gay companion and now a female doctor. I get the feeling that to go with the current obsession with tv bosses of covering all things LGBT that this is a change to appeal to the 'minority' as they see it. Political correctness gone mad. So what if the doctor has always been a man. He's never been black either. In fact he's always been portrayed as British so maybe that should change too?

I'm probably being more than a little cynical but the doctor has always been a male role and sometimes tradition has a place too.

You're right, the BBC admits its pushing diversity over all its media channels, hence the female doctor. That doesn't mean she won't be awesome at it
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

She can't be much worse that Capaldi lol. Actually no credit where it's due, in the more serious moments he was great but I didn't buy his wackier side at all. I will wait and see what happens but I'm a little concerned that this is a bad move.

I think you have a good point stella about the bbc covering the LGBT thing. We had a gay companion in the first series with capt.Jack harkness, rather he was bi' but i hope we dont get any jokes about boobs and Bras etc and they keep to the series side of the doctor.