Page 79 of 118 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189 ... LastLast

Thread: Where I'm at

Quote Originally Posted by Stella180 View Post
    I've got a ton of housework to do today and zero motivation. The groin strain I aggravated getting acrobatic climbing over seats and under barriers yesterday in a rather undignified manner is making things a bit difficult. All because I couldn't say excuse me to strangers.
    Groin pain is horrible isn't it? I'm sitting here thinking about what housework I have to do. Living with Ian is like living with 2 lazy teenagers. I somehow don't think I'll get any further than 'thinking' about housework. Don't overdo it. One chore at a time and start with a little one.

Yeah it's not great but not as painful as I've had in the past. Sitting down, standing up and walking upstairs are the hardest parts.

I managed to get a bit sidetracked and while putting some stuff away thought I'd cut my lollipop sticks ready to make the last of my pallet coasters so now I have a set of four. Next job is to make something to house them in before making my mobile phone holder. But that's all for another day. So now I have to decide between lunch or mopping the floors. Really do need to put food first but feel like I should get some cleaning done cos I've been sitting on my butt all day.
    ‘The moment you doubt whether you can fly, you cease for ever to be able to do it.'
    J. M. Barrie

Moderator of Awesomeness magie06's Avatar
    You are doing so well. I really admire what you are doing and how far you've come in the last few weeks. Take a day to sit, as my mum says, the house will be there after you. Meaning that do things to please yourself, there's always more housework to do.

All sounds cool
    “You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf.”
    - Jon Kabat-Zinn

Ok so tonight I had a few drinks, and got stupid again. A guy I've been chatting with for a few months and met up with last week purely as friends, I've invited round to my place for lunch and a movie. I've made it clear where I stand but he would like it to be more. Deja vu? As if that wasn't bad enough I decided to challenge Max's dominant behaviour in his crate again without seeking advice and I lost that battle. Gonna feel that in the morning. Time to get back on FB and contact the behaviouralist to sort this once and for all. He may be fine out of the house now but he's getting out of line at home and not putting up with him pushing the boundaries the way he is. Gonna make a call about having his plums plucked this week too. Enough is enough.
    ‘The moment you doubt whether you can fly, you cease for ever to be able to do it.'
    J. M. Barrie

Still wide awake an not happy about it. Not slept properly since Friday. All day when I need to be awake I feel shattered but come bedtime I just can't sleep. I sometimes have the occasional night where the meds don't really help but not 3 in a row. I've not got anything to get up for tomorrow but could do with being up early and get the house cleaned up a bit in the hope that tiring myself out and getting an early night tomorrow might help reset my body clock again. Gonna listen to David Attenborough talk wildlife in the hope it will send my off to dreamland.
    J. M. Barrie

I had no idea that Max was 'in tact'!.....in which case that will probably explain 90% of his dominant behaviour! I think you'll find that if he has his pockets picked he'll be a totally different dog. I take it he's not going to be a stud dog. At the moment he's in Alpha male mode, which might explain his attitude to any male friends you bring into the house. He can also smell out every female on heat from your house to John O Groats! I don't know what it costs these days but the PDSA will help to cut the cost. Watch out Max you're going to become a teddy bear!....would it be an idea to wait as far as the behaviourist is concerned until after he's neutered?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Flo For This Useful Post:

Paula (13-09-17)

What do you mean you lost the battle? Are you hurt?
    Tackling him when he's in his crate and you've had a bit to drink seems like a completely negative thing for both of you. Unfortunately male shepherds like to guard and get kennel stress (or crate stress) really easily. You've gone into what is his territory backing him in maybe where he can't get out?
    “You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf.”
    - Jon Kabat-Zinn

Yeah I know but I was armed with treats and actually believed I could make progress. Bigger fool me. The post has arrived and after sending back my ESA assessment form back in Nov 2016 I finally have an appointment on 5th October. 11 months to organise it. They really are useless. Not exactly looking forward to it but at least this time I know what to expect.
    J. M. Barrie

Moderator of Awesomeness magie06's Avatar
    11 months is 'very fast'. Hahaha. Horrible to have to go through it again, but you coped the last time and you will be able to cope again this time.