Page 78 of 87 FirstFirst ... 28687677787980 ... LastLast

Thread: Where I'm at

Guardian of the North and kipper holder Angie's Avatar
    Proud of you xx And glad you had a good time xx

I'll be honest with you, I'm a bit upset that it took copious amounts of alcohol to actually start enjoying myself. Dutch courage is great but I wish it wasn't necessary. I hate that I can't just do the things I love like regular people do without the crap I have to go through or getting ed
    ".Sometimes, you have to take a leap of faith first. The trust part comes later.”

You didn't cheat at all! I'm not surprised that you are focusing not on the fact that you did it, you went and you actually enjoyed it -but on beating yourself up because you had a bit to drink......
    “You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf.”
    - Jon Kabat-Zinn

TBH, most of the time I have to have a couple of glasses of wine to cope with social events.....
    I believe if you wear enough pretty lipstick, sparkly jewellery and great shoes, no one will notice the size of your ass

But I don't want to be the person who needs a few drinks to have a good time. From 12 o clock it took until about 8 before I was really able to relax and enjoy myself. I'm glad I went and it wasn't as bad as I expected so maybe I will be brave enough to try again some time and it will get easier. Yeah I guess having something like this dropped on me last minute and not running away from it is a win. But there has to be a better way of coping.
    ".Sometimes, you have to take a leap of faith first. The trust part comes later.”

Guardian of the North and kipper holder Angie's Avatar
    It is a definate win, and the more you do things like this the easier it will get xx

I've got a ton of housework to do today and zero motivation. The groin strain I aggravated getting acrobatic climbing over seats and under barriers yesterday in a rather undignified manner is making things a bit difficult. All because I couldn't say excuse me to strangers.

Yes there are better ways, ways I'm still learning, but that takes time and exposure to triggers. Angie's right, the more we do it the easier it gets as we learn how to cope better. I'm in the same boat on this, hunni, I try not to beat myself up. I try instead to look for even the smallest improvement in how I've handled the situation. Step by tiniest step I cope better. You took a massive step yesterday .....
    I believe if you wear enough pretty lipstick, sparkly jewellery and great shoes, no one will notice the size of your ass

Marc's the same - I'm the same. I'm so out of practise with things like this too....

Do a bit of housework, then rest....
    “You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf.”
    - Jon Kabat-Zinn

Moderator of Awesomeness magie06's Avatar
    Give yourself a little reward each time you get something done today.