Page 30 of 118 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080 ... LastLast

Thread: Where I'm at

I know it's hard but please try to go with the aim of taking something from the session. 4-6 sessions is, after all, a few more months of support itms
    I believe if you wear enough pretty lipstick, sparkly jewellery and great shoes, no one will notice the size of your ass

Hope it's going OK lovely...
    You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf.
    - Jon Kabat-Zinn

No tears today. Planning for the future sessions. Gonna be 6 sessions spread over 3 months. In the sessions we'll be looking at improving self esteem, social relationships, countering isolation and potential changes in access to the boys.

I'm feeling pretty low today, bored, lonely, tired and generally crap. Today is definitely a CBA day.
    The moment you doubt whether you can fly, you cease for ever to be able to do it.'
    J. M. Barrie

I'm not surprised. Counselling days are always tough for any of us. Just give yourself a break today
    I believe if you wear enough pretty lipstick, sparkly jewellery and great shoes, no one will notice the size of your ass

Moderator of Awesomeness magie06's Avatar
    I hope you are being nice to yourself. You deserve to have a rest day because you've been so busy for the last few days. Well done on all you have achieved and good luck with the rest of it.

Like Paula said counselling days are difficult so you need to be kind to you.

I have to admit that the past week has wiped me out. Blitzing the house last Monday, I wasn't much use the following day and was stressing over my excursion on Wednesday, followed by counselling Thursday which all took its toll, and then seeing the boys on Saturday and counselling again today. I'd normally get by ok but it's been a massive struggle and I just feel exhausted both mentally and physically. I never did get the call back from Healthy Minds and I don't have it in me to chase it up plus I'm back to pebble dashing the bog. I have genuinely tried to rest up when possible but clearly not enough. I've got a blood test Thursday and been invited to a BBQ Saturday (dunno if I'll go yet) but nothing else planned that I'm aware of for a few weeks so maybe I can get myself back up to par before my next big trip at the end of the month.
    The moment you doubt whether you can fly, you cease for ever to be able to do it.'
    J. M. Barrie

Librarian and chief holder of antiquities and biscuits Jaquaia's Avatar
    Yay! 4 weeks!
    Tn prdu, jhami s rcbro

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Jaquaia For This Useful Post:

Stella180 (01-08-17)

i do hope you are seeing how incredible all that is! You've achieved so much. Yes, it's taken it's toll but you did it. You should be so proud

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

Flo (01-08-17)

My counsellor thinks my extreme challenges are a bad thing. That I'm asking too much of myself and it can't be maintained and the consequences being that in the aftermath my mood dips and she is right but it does something else. When I'm finding it tough to live with the restrictions caused by my mental health I feel the need to break the chains, to face my fears and prove that I can beat this. Yeah I might suffer after but for a brief moment I can say that I didn't give in to this illness (yes Paula I said it), that I beat it if only for a day. I might feel nervous or uncomfortable but by not giving into those feelings I've proven to myself it can be done, that I can do it and that gives me hope that some day it won't be a big deal and my huge challenges now will become a regular everyday thing in the future having beaten this affliction.
    J. M. Barrie

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Stella180 For This Useful Post:

Suzi (01-08-17)

I think you are so awesome and strong for living with the situation you have with your family. You will always have a chance to share your values with your boys, through talking with them.. but also by the way you live your life now. I don't know all the details of the past, but examples speak way louder than words and they see you. So you haven't missed that chance to show them values, you can do that all the time. Like not giving up and doing your best to do the right thing even when it is super painful.. they will see you doing that, because I can and this is over an internet connection