Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: "acute social withdrawal" *TRIGGERS*

Librarian and chief holder of antiquities and biscuits Jaquaia's Avatar
    I've always shut myself away, I don't really know any other way. I just don't feel completely comfortable around people unless I've known them a long time.
    Tên përdu, jhamâi së rëcôbro

Pf, my pain is recent. It's my social anxiety that causes the problem. And it's even worse because naturally I'm a people person but his illness just strips away who I really am
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

I wonder if it is a part of modern life? In the 1980s when we had the rise of the yuppy, there was a lot of illnesses connected with that way of working and it was just a burn out from working too hard.
    I wonder if we expect too much from ourselves and feel bad when we dont achieve things we planned so just withdraw. Life is too stressful and i know i find it hard coping with day to day things and the hobbies i have and enjoy are ones that involve spending time on your own. Modeling and writing. The film really has left an impact on me and i feel so sad for the way this condition effects people.
    They look at me and think I'm cool, I'm purplefan at night I rule.

In my case, not. My Drs are confident my MH is genetic. And I'm not sure yuppies were responsible for triggering everything for me at aged 16 .
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

I've shut myself away from people most of my life it is only the last couple of years I've started going out.
    77 and counting, less of the "Old" call me "Mike"

It is becoming more and more a modern phenomenon.

Quote Originally Posted by Paula View Post
    In my case, not. My Drs are confident my MH is genetic. And I'm not sure yuppies were responsible for triggering everything for me at aged 16 .
    WHat i meant paula was that a lot of illness became related to Yuppies. Especially cronic fatigue and the
    high stress levels.

I think it's more to do with people admitting to struggling and Drs actually listening. Think of laudanum being given to high society women who suffered with their 'nerves' or all those people in he 50s addicted to the 'little yellow pill'. It's always been there, just hidden

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

Angie (28-06-17),purplefan (29-06-17)

And actually a breakdown of society which has left people trying to cope on their own for too long...
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

I can see your point paula. Men are beginning to open up more about their Mental health and it is not such a stigma anymore but there needs to be more doing to make the younger adults more aware of their feelings. I am sure the bar manager who was mentioned in that film did not have any inclining that something might be wrong. It just appeared suddenly.